When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modern DateJust

droptopman

Good morning,

Just received another awesome build from Matt.  Modern DateJust with Gen goodies.  I know another watch with GOLD.  Perfect watch for any occasion.  Casual or dressy.  Good travel watch for me.

Absolutely love the dial. 

Cannot say enough about Matt and his watch making skills.  Not only a great watch smith but just a great guy.  Here are some pictures.

post-60288-0-33054500-1403965650_thumb.j

post-60288-0-05485800-1403965705_thumb.j

post-60288-0-31528000-1403965787_thumb.j

post-60288-0-49221300-1403965822_thumb.j

post-60288-0-38731700-1403965851_thumb.j

Absolute love for the DayDate II. From Matt too?

Thanks. Yes Both from Matt. It's the 36mm original though. He doesn't do the II's. Both gen dials. The DD vintage and the DJ brand new modern.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Thanks guys. Yes sapphire modern crystals. If you look at the last pic just left of 6 marker you can see the crown from the etching on the xtal. The way the sun hit it, it left a little crown shadow:). I still love gold. And two tones for some reason always been some of my favorites. 11613 probably my favorite watch of all time. All but one of my gens have been gold or two tone. As I spend more time on the forum I have started to develop a real affinity for vintage pieces though. So next couple of builds will be vintage. My vintage GMT is nearing completion then a vintage sub. They just take a lot of time and money.....and patience. You can find Matt here--member mymanmatt. Pm him, he is awesome to work with.

I must say after wearing this a couple of days this bracelet is one of the most comfortable I have ever worn. Kinda a special one with real solid gold end links with the modern clasp.