When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cant Get My Friiiiiggin Caseback Open

lionsandtigers

If you don't already have them, get the Bergeon openers from Andrew--only $40:

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=732

The only time I've had trouble on one that was wrenched down so tight, I put a small drop of watch oil in about 3 or 4 different places around the caseback, in the crack where it meets the case, left it to sit for an hour or so, and then it popped right off. Make sure not to get any oil on the case-back itself, or your opener will slip & scratch it.

narikaa had some sticky balls to use to open case backs....i missed out on getting one of them but i instead used a racquet ball.....worked like a charm until i bought a REAL caseback opener. :D:D:D

.....l&t, i hope you've had success in opening that thing up so you can drop in the new internals. we want pics when you are finished!

you definately need a case back opener to make life easier. also if you are needing to heat it to free it, a hairdrier isnt going to give you enough.

you will need to use a kitchen torch or the stove.

just put the case back against the tip of the flame for a while while holding it with pliers or similar, drop it face down onto an oven mit and then use the opener to unscrew.

im guessing the proper tool will see it come off relatively simply. though only reason for heat would be if someone had been kind enough to threadlock it. you will know when youve heated enough as you will smell the thread lock once it gives :)