When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glidelock clasp

cc33

Hello, I was wondering if any of my fellow members could help me track down a gen glidelock clasp. I'm seeing them online for rediculous prices but when I called my local ad they told me that the price is 450$ canadian but that I would need a gen sub c to bring them and that they would have to remove that clasp and send it to rolex in order to be able to sell me the new one. Anyone have a way around this? I have contacts for vintage stuff but I'm not sure if they can get new items. Help! :)

Ex-ch-ch-changes...

Eight or ten years ago I ordered 3 genuine clasps (two DJ, one 93150) from a chain store AD and traded in replicas that had been rubbed across a concrete garage floor a few times. The AD sent them off and they went right through.

The replica DJ clasps had 6 adjustment holes, not 7 like genuine and the 93150 clasp was missing the flipper locker and first link. The genuine 93150 clasp came with the flipper and first link attached.

The 93150 was $185 and the DJ were $65 each iirc.

Bought two DJ clasps about 20 years ago from an independent AD and they were $40 each no exchange. The same AD would sell you a new tutone DJ16233 time head or bracelet for half the list price of a complete watch at the time. If someone wanted a new tutone bracelet they took one off a display watch and ordered another bracelet for the time head.

If I could travel through time...I would load up on watches and parts.

...and Apple stock.

A beat up accurately made replica glidelock clasp might pass for exchange..or not. I would depend on the rolexdrone's inattention to detail. and/or attitude.

Time may change me

But I can't trace time

'Changes' DB 

^^^risky^^^

But you never know. My guess is that RSC pays a bit more attention to detail than in the past. Not sure one can beat up a rep Glidelock to the point that the obvious tells cannot be distinguished. They have not been out very long so unless it looked like it was trampled by an M1 Abrahms, it would be suspect.

Wow $450 for a Glidelock,,that sounds cheap.I purchased a new gen bracelet for my 16710 over a year ago and it was $1200.If I wanted the correct bracelet for the year mine was made(91) I would have to do it on an exchange.So I picked up a "tuna can" clasp with SELs and kept my old one.And yes when you want just a clasp it is on an exchange basis.Oh and if someone does want there clasp ran over buy a M1 Abrams I can get that done,I have a great connection!!!

Cc33,

modern clasps are not anything I am an expert on yet I've been duly impressed w/ how close they appear like the gen .

in a recent side by side the rep was amazingly close. I'm sure I have an unused one in my odd box.. Let me know if youd like one!

best! mcotter

ive jujust bought the beautiful j12 glidelock bracelet for my super franken,because there was still one flaw left on the watch ,thats the sharp recessed sel,and the logo on the glidelock,now my v3 will be 100% flawless to gen,indistinguishable lol,when u open her up you see a 3135 ha ha,well looks more gen than 2836

Thanks mcotter, I really appreciate the offer. I found an easylink clasp in my parts drawer and have used that with my 16610lv instead of the glidelock. The coronet has the right basic placement and it's still a modern clasp even though it's not as cool as a glidelock. I'll try it out for a while before I take you up on your offer, it feels 10x better then the tuna can, it adds the right amount of weight down low to help balance the watch on my wrist, pretty cool!

post-38788-0-17115000-1405348964_thumb.j

post-38788-0-39817000-1405349120_thumb.j