When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Tudor chronographs

photon

I wonder if you guys know where to get a plexi crystal with a Cyclops lens for a DW 7750 daytona case. I have seen one but, could not trace it ...

I'd like to replace the Clark T21 on my Tudor Daytona and pre-Daytona!

RIMG2082_zpsdf3b451f.jpg

RIMG2072_zpsc82d096a.jpg

RIMG2078_zps4ed19163.jpg

RIMG2083_zpsbfe14b24.jpg

Thanks, fabio. Thanks people for the comments.

The specs are pretty much the standard DW daytona case/hands for 7750 plus gen Tudor dials. The only unusual part is the smooth bezel. This is for gen 36 mm oyster cases. The bezel required a minor modification with a lathe before fitting nicely to the DW case. Also, I used a Swiss 7750 and its Sea Gull copy. Both of them have been converted to manual wound by removing the rotor and two associated wheels.

One more thing you can possibly do is carefully epoxy a glass magnifier to the T21.  When I built a crystal for my DW Montecarlo case I had to glue on a magnifier...

7032%201.jpg

jmb, the crystal on your Montecarlo is very well finished. I am not sure if I can do that well but, certainly a good option. Thanks!

WCM, they are my projects with DW parts and gen dials. Since the DW case I use are made for 7750, these projects are pretty simple and easy. All I had to do is to trim the dial a bit, machine the gen oyster bezel and remove the rotor and two winding wheels from 7750.

• Like 1