When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Daytona Rolex v72/726 build

GS350

Hello All:

Long time lurker first time poster.  Been in RWI and RG for awhile but seems RWG definitely has nice knowledgeable people especially in the vintage rolllie arena.  Been getting my feet wet on the vintage daytona front and vintage rolex in general and was curious if anyone was kinda keep track of current market of parts to build one of these from scratch (assuming using Phong or DW v72 case).  I see prices varying on cases for sure, but it seems a good donor watch for v72 appears to be $1,200+ and v726 is more expensive $1500-1700?  I've purchased a couple of these recently and want to get an idea of values people see these days on Phong cases, DW v72 case, movement , hands , dials etc.  I know there are some feedback in other threads but they seem to be dated and see if these things have moved.  I'm thinking about building another one or possibly getting rid / trading some of mine now and wondering what a fair would be.

Thanks again for all your knowledge guys! 

There are plenty of threads discussing the various cases, dials, hands, bracelets, and the pros/cons of each. No need to re-hash them here.

The usual suspects have been around since before you joined the board and other than the minor generational version variances that come from buying counterfiet parts, they really haven't changed significantly. Those types of variances are well documented. See posts from members Valty, LHOOQ, Freddy333, etc.

With a build like this you need to do a lot of research before you buy the first part.

First order of business is to decide what you want to build- 6239, 6263, 6265, etc.

If you can get a DW case, that would be cool, but I'm not sure what he's up to these days. He's not as reliable as he was 3-4 years ago.

A V72 is good for a 6239 build, a V726 is better suited for a 6263/6265 build.

Good luck