When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally Correct Crowns On The Pam Reps?...

lello

hi lello!

i noticed this too BUT the crown looks good but sits too close to the case... :-(

depending on the model genuine pam some are more acurate than others.. gen pam crown do vary greatly.. as to thickness and beveling..

does anyone remember the pam036 from late 2005?? that one had a perfect crown 1:1 it was limited.. and it even had a flush center pin/cannon, and AR.. man i wich i could find one of those.. :-(

hi lello!

i noticed this too BUT the crown looks good but sits too close to the case... :-(

depending on the model genuine pam some are more acurate than others.. gen pam crown do vary greatly.. as to thickness and beveling..

does anyone remember the pam036 from late 2005?? that one had a perfect crown 1:1 it was limited.. and it even had a flush center pin/cannon, and AR.. man i wich i could find one of those.. :-(

Sure I remember, as I own one of those. :)

Unfortunately, it has black dial, instead of brown... :(

The crown on it was a bit different from the others, but wasn't correct anyway.

This one looks much better and I hoped the narrow gap between case and crown, was due to the pic perspective. :g::blink:

Edited by lello

>>>does anyone remember the pam036 from late 2005?? that one had a perfect crown 1:1 it was limited.. and it even had a flush center pin/cannon, and AR.. man i wich i could find one of those.. :-(<<<

There are DIFFERENT versions of the PAM 36 and the ONLY one with the correct crown, BROWN dial and NON reccessed pin were briefly available at the end of 2005. I was lucky to grab on in China and have not seen one that can match it since.

i saw one of the limited edition pam036 with the perfect crown, ar and correct dial traded a few months ago here on the boards.. sold WITHIN HOURS.. i check the boards every morning too... but i missed it.. it was located in EU but i would have went for it anyway... :-(

this version is very different from any other version available ever.

i think the only flaw was that it has two additional blue movement screws that should be ss and not blued...

real ti case also. :-)

Yes I remember, only 200 pieces.

I have one :1a:

i saw one of the limited edition pam036 with the perfect crown, ar and correct dial traded a few months ago here on the boards.. sold WITHIN HOURS.. i

Within hours? There were two within three days of eachother. The first sold in about 15 minutes. I PMed the seller of the second one three minutes and 14 seconds after he posted the offer only to be told I was beated by about 20 seconds!

There were two (and probably more)versions of the 036: the perfect crown version and the better-but-not-as-good-as-the-other-version version. The crown on the perfect version is dead on 1:1--measured against gen more than once on the old board. Same bevel, same teeth, same thickness.

Yup, I have that glorious "perfect PAM 36" and is is probably my favorite watch, I put it on a gen OEM dark brown gator and it is REALLY great looking. In fact i have more compliments on it than any other watch by far.

But where did the idea of only 200 come from? I bought mine at the watch markets in China and while I only saw the one I would guess I could of had as many as I like.

I have that one as well. The biggest issue is whether ti reps will continue to be available. Have you ever noticed they come and go rather quickly (other than the PAM 036, etc.). IWC GST - gone. Proper Breitling Chrono Avenger - gone. Ti requires a different set-up for manufacturing. My rule of thumb is if you see a ti model you like than buy it. :)

I have that one as well. The biggest issue is whether ti reps will continue to be available. Have you ever noticed they come and go rather quickly (other than the PAM 036, etc.). IWC GST - gone. Proper Breitling Chrono Avenger - gone. Ti requires a different set-up for manufacturing. My rule of thumb is if you see a ti model you like than buy it. :)

Amen!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Calling the lume not very good may be the understatement of the year. For a LONG time I thought mine had NO lume whatsoever...NONE. Then after it sat under a light for about 30 minutes and I went into a dark room I noticed the slightest of slight little shimmers... next to nothing but there was SOME lume.

But as you say re-lumes are fairly simple and fix it right up.

Nice pic! But in all seriousness, the 036 crowns look good IMHO, no matter which dealer.

Those who own the 036 and have compaired it to a gen, how is the case and CG of the 036?

I am still hearing that the cases really aren't 1:1 and neither is the CG.

If anyone has any info, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

I don't know if the case and CG are TRULY 1:1 or not but they certainly are visually identical to the gen. Now I am talking about the model that came out last 2005 and seems to be in short supply, not the one now availbale. They are very similar but not the same. Still, even the current model is very nice.