When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's Your Watch Wearing Mo

crystalcranium

When I get a new watch, it usually sees about 2-3 days of constant wrist time as I can't bear to let it out of my sight but my usual watch wearing scenario is a selection in the morning for work, then a change for the evening so...at least two seeing wrist play on a daily basis, although there are times when 3-4 changes a day isn't unusual.

Where do you rank yourself on a frequency of change scale.

1. Hyperactive. I'll change watches for every concieveable situation in the day, work, play, church, cooking etc....I usually loose track of how many times a day I change my watch.

2. Troubling. Several times a day but not obsessionally.

3. ADHD but on Ritalin. I change watches on average about 2 times a day, usually situational based, one for day activities and one for evening.

4. Daily. I select a watch for the day and wear it all day. I will switch sometimes for situations but on average, I change daily.

5. Several times a week. I'll wear a watch for 2-3 days and then decide to select another that I'll wear for another 2-3 days. Usual use id 3 per week.

6. Weekly as a routine.

7. I wear the same watch ALL THE TIME. My other watches never see wrist time.

I guess I'm a 3 with 2 potential.

@crystalcranium.... let me help you out here - Me too I'm a 3 with 2 potential. I just changed my watch 30 minutes ago (I have a replacement watch in a bag with me in the office)....

Too many watches .... too little time.... not enough wrists.... <_<

@crystalcranium.... let me help you out here - Me too I'm a 3 with 2 potential. I just changed my watch 30 minutes ago (I have a replacement watch in a bag with me in the office)....

Too many watches .... too little time.... not enough wrists.... <_<

Ahhhhh thanks. Safety in crazy numbers!!

4. Daily. I select a watch for the day and wear it all day. I will switch sometimes for situations but on average, I change daily.

I usually choose a watch in the morning or the night before, but sometimes when I'm photographing several watches, I'll change so the one on my wrist gets some lens time. On rare occasions I'll change when I go out in the evenings.

I often wear a watch for 1-2 days. But when I get a new watch I usually wear it for one or two weeks straight.

But 2 days is usually my maximum for one watch... I'm restless and I have too many nice watches.

I usually wear one until I tire of it,.. then buy another,..

Sometimes I go back to the others,... sometimes not...

Something strange has happened however,.. this one girl, cheap to buy,

quite sturdy, but missing one eye,.. stole my heart, and for four months

now, no matter how hard I may try..we have never been apart,..

like a knot in a tie...

I even removed my Inge after one day, and returned to the low born girl

with so much charm...who begged me to stay...

I think I may have found the one... ;)

Here is her cousin.. the Gen version...

{Rep is missing the date, but has a sweet working alarm}

166538-10881.jpg

If I never buy another Gen..

this will be the one..... :rolleyes:

I'm on the 4-5 bus as well. New watches get a good 4 or 5 days of straight wrist time and many minutes of gazing at fondly. Trouble is that I have favorites so there are some that have been lonely. I hear them cry out "me!" "me!" as I close the watch drawer. Ahhh... I feel bad for them now. Let's all make it a point to wear the ones that were once loved but for one reason or another fell from favor! Are you with me?

I am between a 4-5. Rarely wear the same watch 2 days straight, and generally wear one to work and then something different in the evening.

I have favorites that see the light of day 2 or 3 times a week, while others once a month. When I get a new watch it usually gets a full week of wrist time, but interestingly enough my Gens are starting to very little wrist time.

Usually a 4, sometimes a 5. I switch back and forth between my black ss sub and my blue tt sub, depending upon whether I feel like wearing gold or whether it goes with my work attire. Sometimes, on weekends, I'll wear my Cartier 21 Chronoscaph with black rubber strap or one of my Daytonas.