When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Friendly Watchmaker - NH

pcardoza

My treasured Bronzo was experiencing very short power reserve time, so I went on the hunt for a watchmaker in my area (Boston suburbs).    I came across an individual in Southern NH, who works out of his home on high end and antique time pieces.   I reached out to him to gauge interest in dealing with reps and he asked me to send him the watch.

Communication was a bit of a chore.   He clearly prefers telephone over email.   I asked him to perform a full service (clean & lube) on the movement.   Being a new customer, he wanted payment by check - $155.    I mailed out payment on Thursday and received my serviced baby back on Tuesday.    It's been on my wrist for 24hrs now and appears to be performing perfectly!   

I asked him what he thought of the movement in my Bronzo and his only comment was that it is not of great quality.   No surprise for a rep I suppose and what I expected for a response.

I also asked him if he is open to servicing future reps and he said yes.

He asks for the watch to be sent to him for free evaluation.   His Web site has a great many testimonials from around the world.   I will certainly use him again as needed.

If anyone in the northeast wants the info for this guy, PM me and I'll send send his info.   

$150 for a full service isnt bad. what movement was it? 6497?

the only local rep friendly guy i have charges quite a bit more to work on ETAs

he typically works on high end watches but hell work on reps.

he was pretty impressed with the 2836 clone i had him fix the keyless on.

True.   I'm happy with his work for sure.   I've had the watch on since receiving it Tuesday and the time is still dead-on........   

7750 movement. [/quote name=Bc1221" post="1355820" timestamp="1407362907]$150 for a full service isnt bad. what movement was it? 6497?