When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Damn Rep Manufacturers...

jmb

Why do they always have to take a somewhat good thing and farkle it up!  For a long time people have been using a PT something ot other to use as a base to build all sorts of stuff.  Has CGs that can be worked into something pleasing to the eye and a bezel that's at least gen like and with a correct compression ring can be gen spec.

Well, all good things must come to an end.  Someone sent me a PT Red Sub to do a crystal and crown swap on and when I popped the bezel it was held on with the good ol' paperclip spring.  I will say, however, that the arrangement they are now using closely resembles the gen brass coin-edge construction on the really old Subs.  I can see why, from a machining/manufacturing standpoint, why they would do this as tolerances are not as big an issue but it's just one more curve-ball folks need to deal with...

Well, truth be told I imagine that the run-of-the-mill rep producers and sellers consider us as a PITA and would just as soon leave us to the likes of Yuki, Phong, et al.  Rat-ba$tards...

Having gone about 20 rounds with this no fitting sorry azz junque, I decided if the case neck is genuine spec and the watch is worth the trouble and expense...I buy a ST or Clark bezel kit.

The catch now is Clark is always out of stock and ST has gone up to about $90.

It's a never ending clooster fook.   :pimp:

Bc - The PT always has used the plastic spacer but at least the ring and bezel were sorta gen-like, now they even ruined that!

auto - I agree, the case has some redeeming qualities but it's just another hurdle and expense to deal with.