When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New edition to the watch family

wraithride

Many years ago my interest in watches took flight when my wife bought me a watch magazine to browse through while we were killing time in an airport. I still remember like it was yesterday looking at the watch on the cover and instantly falling in love (and lust) for that watch. I knew right then and there I would someday own that watch!. I knew very little at the time about luxury watches, and my dreams of owning this watch were quickly dashed upon the rocks of reality when I saw the price tag. Some time later, I began to learn about the rep scene, and I swore that one day I would own a rep of this watch. Well, a package just arrived, and I ripped into the box. Behold, the watch that started it all for me.

(sorry about the quality of the pics, took pics with the phone in all my excitement)

4995709d-8743-4ce1-9c5f-6462bee8ab98.jpg

ab6bd2eb-5c6a-49c1-a333-cb994a4317c1.jpg

To all of you out there, do you remember what watch started it all for you?

WR

Brietling Bentley gt green face. Bought the gen when my business took off around ten years ago. It was the first and last gen I bought.

When times got hard I had to sell it. It went to a watch buyer that uses claridges as his office. I went a couple years without a decent watch then stumbled across rwi1 around 2008. Never looked back.

Glad you got your dream watch. Wear it well.

Bvc.

Always cool when dreams come true. Congrats.

No question on this. Rolex 16613 my first gen back in the 80's. Bought it for my 20th birthday present to myself from Ben Bridge in Seattle. Didn't even haggle over price....paid full retail. A friend of my dads had one and I was always telling them someday I will buy myself one of those. My dad would always say stuff like, "ya you better because I ain't". Kept it for a long time but sold it a few years ago to buy a Corvette race car. Sold that too. Should have kept the watch as it had been through a lot with me and I still miss her.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Nice when dreams become reality almost in this case a rep ;) wear it in good health my first gen rolex was a 5513 lost it recently in a break in miss it alot

Would bomb that sucker back to the Stone age if i knew who it was :D

Beautiful watch. I really love Hublot! 

Because of my dad is into watches I got the addiction when I was a kid. I think I was like 7 or so when I got my first watch. When the years pass, I'm more liking the expensive and exclusive watches but unfortunately I can't buy those expensive watches when I was in college. On a holiday in Turkey I saw reps and I was very interested in these watches, I bought a few. After years I fell in love with the Breitling Transocean and the Hublot watches. I was looking for a dealer in The Netherlands. I found a guy who had the Transocean and Hublot I was looking for - it was a cheap 21J and very obvious fake watch but I didn't have the knowlegde-. 

After a burglary my whole watch collection was stolen (including gen and rep watches). I was looking on the internet and saw RWG. I've registered and started reading and reading. After a week of reading I ordered my first replica via a TD over here.. The Breitling Transocean I still own (see signature) It's a fantastic watch and I saw how much better looking this one was than the cheap 21J I had earlier. From that moment on, I started collecting and I'm here since that day. :)

Nice when dreams become reality almost in this case a rep ;) wear it in good health my first gen rolex was a 5513 lost it recently in a break in miss it alot

Would bomb that sucker back to the Stone age if i knew who it was :D

If you find him do let me know bro. Been some time since I did my bombing run. ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Thanks for all your compliments, they did a really fine job with this watch. I've heard so many stories about people chasing their grail watch only to finally get it and either be disappointed, or find the hunt was more exciting than actually acquiring the watch. I must say that since I got this one, I couldn't be happier. My one disappointment is that I can't wear it while sleeping and have to take it off. 

WR