When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is There Any Rwg Members That Are Able ..

2005SUBMARINER

i have no conventional phone line , cause i subscribed to digital phone , everything comming out of broadband ..

so believe me iv been looking for a way to send faxes from my pc via broadband internet to conventional phone lines ..

before digital phone , i used winfax pc software to fax via my pc / phone modem ..

now there is no way i can send a fax via broadband .. :thumbdown:

p.s. man thats soemory you have there KENBURG !

that was a while back i posted that thread :g:

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

iv been looking for a way to send faxes from my pc via broadband internet to conventional phone lines ..
Winfax is old tech requiring a modem. Think of the difference between PCAnywhere of old and GoToMyPC for remote computing, old required phone line, GoToMyPC completely webbased.

If your mobile phone is like mine, a Palm Treo, it is already a G3 modem which I use via bluetooth to mobile websurf on my laptop when there are no hotspots, I use Verizon's dialup webservice. Pugwash is correct, you could use your mobile phone with Winfax. Only way I know of using broadband is a service like efax or jfax, the latter which I have and costs my company $15 per month. You could probably find a cheaper service with less frills. I can fax directly to a conventional phone no. via the computer, plus our received faxes all come in as email attachments which makes picking them up and reading a whole lot easier than having to wait to get to a fax machine. Another plus is I've had people call my jfax no., leave a voice message which also came as an email attachment. Hope that helps.

Regards.

I have had the same efax account for the last 5 years, and I work in a documentation intensive industry, and I have always been impressed by it. You can get a free account (I think) at www.efax.com

There is another free alternative, but it sucks, called callwave.com I would save you the pain of trying it. Don't be suckered in by faxing over a voip connection using a fax machine (at least in the U.S.). SIP protocol was never meant to handle faxing, and most of the class 5 voip switches in the U.S. are configured in such a way that will most often kill fax transmission if it is more than a page or so.

By best suggestion is efax + a sheet feed scanner if you need to fax multiple pages and often.