When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

21st October Wristomania

sputim

I thought to start this thread with a low-budget watch which is incredible nice and has a powerful and very trivial 19j movement which only consists of 51 parts (thus the name sistem51 by Swatch) and has a huge power reserve of about 90 hours. Moreover, the movement is from A to Z produced mechanically. However, it can't be serviced since the caseback is permanently sealed. Nevertheless, the movement should run for 10 - 20 years without any service according to Swatch group. Now have a look guys :)

post-50919-0-79180700-1413902041_thumb.j

post-50919-0-03845800-1413902052_thumb.j

post-50919-0-53923900-1413902064_thumb.j

A "nothing original" vintage 5513 with several mismatched replacement parts over time. Exactly like I found it, lying forgotten in a damp and rusty box for probably the last 30 years. :inverted:  Very comfortable to wear on the leather:)

DW55131024_0833c_zps64b8c5d1.jpg

Thanks, I needed a daily beater to give my poor bc a rest, I've never been a fan of gmt's but it looks great without the cyclops and the blue insert not to mention the full red gmt hand, what a killer combo!

Indeed a beauty! You know by any chance which case was used for this built?

1675, yup cwp which I believe has the same stock as minh

Edit: ndtrading is the one I was thinking of that has the same stock as minh, cwp is Michael Young

Thanks for the info. I am in the middle uf a pepsi build :) hope can finish it soon but I will maybe have the case modded bi RA :)