When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Blue Black DSSD photos after careful modding by SSteel

astonjenks

A while ago as some of you know I managed to find a repalcement Blue Black DSSD dial from the Middle East on the bay, it caused quite a storm as it was very close to OEM and did not have the errors of the current reps.Shortly after buying it they were taken down from the bay due to copyright! It has a wonderful blue colour that is correctly graded into black and also cost some $300!

Anyway, I decided to make another really special DSSD using the latest Noob version having enjoyed BK's and others and asked Mickey (SSteel) to fit a brand new Swiss ETA movement, TC dwo, fully serviced with the new dial, waterproof and regulate her to COSC standards.

I am delighted with the outcome an dnow wait to see if I can live with a 44mm case as I am used to 47/48's and bigger.

Please feel free to comment/enjoy.

Best regards

AJ

post-48021-0-70961800-1415203836_thumb.j

post-48021-0-89374400-1415203858_thumb.j

post-48021-0-11905100-1415203875_thumb.j

post-48021-0-78233200-1415203924_thumb.j

post-48021-0-33736000-1415203940_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice build,the best on the forum, so far :) I want a blue/black dssd. But I'm afraid that its too big for my wrist :-/

Its not only the size of the wrist that matters mate many People i seen with a dssd pull it off with a small wrist more how your wrist is round flat etc only way to find out try one :D

• 1 month later...

Gen DSSD has the crystal totally flush with the case it does not protrude even slightly easy to spot a rep straight away! Also the crystal is so thick you cannot read the 'ROLEX' engraving on the inner sides with the eye only under a lupe can it even start to be seen & as said the txt colour is waaaaaaay off!

Edited by mrsimba

The dial looks quite off mate in terms of printing and details. You could take a look at the latest noob blue-black dial.

Having said that, and looking at it overall, it's a nice watch on it's own and I like the way the light catches the blue. :)

Wear her well mate!

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

I see Angus has the Noob version listed, but his pictures are absolutely horrible.   Do you have a link to somehwere that has photos of the Noob that would be more helpful to check out?

P

I agree that PT pics are horrible (in general), but actually what I liked about the Noob blue DSSD dial are

a. The Blue-black transition starts at about halfway down the dial, like the gen.

b. The "Deepsea" word seems to be the correct color.

c. printing wise, without a loupe, it looks crisp and defined enough, I can accept that on a $300 rep. 

I might order this, and strip the dial to install in my DSSD if its nice enough. ;)

I just read an article in The Watch Magazine about the D-Blue, and the specs references a anti-reflective coated crystal. Can anyone confirm that? I know that Rolex tends to stay away from AR. If so, does the Noob sport an AR'd crystal?

Thank!

P