When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To the Peeps in the Lower 48.....

Nanuq

I apologize in advance for what Alaska is about to do to you.....

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/11/06/362008782/as-it-turns-extra-tropical-typhoon-nuri-could-challenge-all-time-record

"the Aleutian Islands will be pummeled with 40 to 50 foot waves and wind gusts of up to 100 mph"

"this storm is so strong that it will also cause the jet stream to plunge south, bringing cold temperatures to a huge part of the U.S."

"during that so-called "bombogenesis" the storm's central pressure will deepen from 970 MB late Thursday to between 918 to 922 MB late Friday.  For reference, the lowest central pressure of Hurricane Andrew (1992) was 922 millibars."

Looks like we're in for an exciting weekend!  :tu:

I apologize in advance for what Alaska is about to do to you.....

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/11/06/362008782/as-it-turns-extra-tropical-typhoon-nuri-could-challenge-all-time-record

"the Aleutian Islands will be pummeled with 40 to 50 foot waves and wind gusts of up to 100 mph"

"this storm is so strong that it will also cause the jet stream to plunge south, bringing cold temperatures to a huge part of the U.S."

"during that so-called "bombogenesis" the storm's central pressure will deepen from 970 MB late Thursday to between 918 to 922 MB late Friday.  For reference, the lowest central pressure of Hurricane Andrew (1992) was 922 millibars."

Looks like we're in for an exciting weekend!  :tu:

It is now hitting us in the Pacific Northwest.  We have had unusually warm weather this fall.  I played golf in shorts on Saturday and the high today will be in the low 30's with very cold winds.  I think we skipped fall and went straight into winter.  Suppose to snow in the next couple of days.   

It is now hitting us in the Pacific Northwest.  We have had unusually warm weather this fall.  I played golf in shorts on Saturday and the high today will be in the low 30's with very cold winds.  I think we skipped fall and went straight into winter.  Suppose to snow in the next couple of days.   

Yea i gotta remember to cover those outdoor faucets today

Yep, it's going to be terrible here today. May get all the way down into the high 50's tonight. If this keeps up I may have to break out a long sleeved shirt ... ;)

Now that is just COLD.....few more years here then we are moving to Phoenix/Scottsdale.  Almost took a position down there 2 years ago, but just having a hard time leaving the org I work for.  I am a golfer and obviously a convertible car guy, so I hate winters.  As I get older I hate them more.  Damn arthritis kills me this time of year....