When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HELP! How can I hide this from my wife?

panermaniac

It is a wonderful vintage beauty. What You will have to explain to her is how You left to buy a Ferrari and came back with a Honda Accord:)

Gen is $78.000 and platinum and limited to 50 only. When it comes to this, it´s really a blessing to have reps. And that movement is as beautiful

as the front. I don´t own an Asian lemania copy yet, so there is an argument already to get one!

Congrats, might want to ask You in some months from now how it´s performing:)

It is a wonderful vintage beauty.

I don´t own an Asian lemania copy yet, so there is an argument already to get one!

Congrats, might want to ask You in some months from now how it´s performing:)

Thanks NW, I've always wanted a Lemania but all the watches they came in were too small for my big wrists. I've also wanted a white dialed watch, but could never grow to love the PAM113, so this is an amazing combo for me.

I'll keep you posted about its reliability.

That is very nice!! I've had a couple of other brands with the Bicompax movement and it's pretty good.  Just to clear something up that often appears in sales threads and reviews. The movement in question here is not a Lemania copy, it is a copy of the Venus 175 movement. Here is a short blurb that I lifted from a thread by RobbieG, back in 2009.

Perhaps the most interesting item in the Venus 175 history is ironically how we came to be the recipients of its clone via Seagull in relatively recent times. Around 1957, a factory in Moscow started producing a copy of an earlier Venus Caliber - the 150. This was the legendary 'Strela' movement. A few years later Venus was planning to reduce the number of movements they offered and were planning to offer an upgrade of the 175 - the 180. But they realized they needed money to do so which they would generate by selling some redundant tooling they didn't need. They first tried to sell it to the Soviets (who had already shown an interest in copying them) but they were happy with the Strela and turned them down. But it just so happened that at the same time the Chinese Airforce was in need of a pilot's chronograph and for political reasons could no longer buy Strela's from the Soviets. So Venus offered them the 175 by selling them all the tooling to make the movements. Here is a picture of an early 175 seen in a Chinese military pilots watch. It was only in production for military purposes for a time and then was eventually released to civilians as the Seagull ST-19 in more modern times.

Here is a link to the very good .comprehensive thread by RobbieG  comparing the Lemania Venus and Seagull chrono movements.

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/91877-lemania-2310-venus-175-seagull-st-19/

I know this is off the topic, and sorry for getting off topic. You have a beautiful watch. Could you tell us where it was purchased? Might be something I would be interested in.

I would like some strap suggestions for this beauty.

I was hoping the stock strap wouldn't be a total POS, and it isn't but it's too short for my 8in wrist

I would like to keep it classy. Maybe a croc or good leather for deployant and has to be XL.

Thoughts?

Might want to try Jacobs Straps. I have used his services twice and the quality of the work is second to none in my book.

http://www.jacobstraps.com/en/

Sent him an email and he will send you a way to measure your watch and get that custom strap that it deserves. 

Very nice watch you got there.