When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why this PAM rep isn't more popular has me baffled...

projectologist

Did a little trade today and picked up this 356.  The accuracy to gen is very impressive.  CG is nearly perfect down to the slightly off-center lever pin.  

I forgot to wipe down the crystal for pics, it's impressive both in clarity and bevel/edge finish.

The dirty lume uncharged is a spot-on match too.  You hardly see this watch posted anymore.

More pics this weekend.  

In the meantime, I would like to see what strap combos 356 owners prefer... post away...

356aa.jpg

• Like 1

The latest iteration of the 356 released by Noob, which is the one you are showing, is indeed a super rep. I have incidentally done a comparison of it against the gen myself last week. I can confidently say that this is one of the best, if not the best Panerai Daylight rep you can buy today.

Congrats! 

The latest iteration of the 356 released by Noob, which is the one you are showing, is indeed a super rep. I have incidentally done a comparison of it against the gen myself last week. I can confidently say that this is one of the best, if not the best Panerai Daylight rep you can buy today.

Congrats!

I looked for your comparison but didn't see it. Did you remove it?

I think he was referring to a real-life comparison, not a review.

I.e. Comparing to his own gen or his mates.

Sent from my iP**** using Tapatalk

You seem to understand me dangerously well.

Two steps closer and it would be brokeback mountain II. :lol:

I was merely jesting mate, and yes that was exactly what I meant. I never owned a gen 356 though, but did some research on this model because I was once very interested in it. The only thing that stopped me was nothing model specific, but the wobbly (loose) hand @ the 3 o'clock subdial that seemed to inflict most, if not all of the A7753 movement models... did you experience that in your 363? It is a subtle thing, but maddening since it could not be fixed easily... short of gluing it in place or having an ETA7753 movement transplant...  

Hahaha, more like suplex mountain for u mate;)

It is indeed frustrating. The more frustrating thing for me was the sound of the rotors. God they are a big give away once you shake them up, and it doesnt feel solid.

Sent from my iP**** using Tapatalk

Its a pity really, because the A7753 daylight models are on the whole very accurate reps. 

One thing though, the noisy movement can be rectified by servicing. It can become very quiet after that. 

If you find a model you really like, consider the ETA7753 transplant. It would solve most of the issues that make us stay away. ;)

Its a pity really, because the A7753 daylight models are on the whole very accurate reps. 

One thing though, the noisy movement can be rectified by servicing. It can become very quiet after that. 

If you find a model you really like, consider the ETA7753 transplant. It would solve most of the issues that make us stay away. ;)

That would be great, but unfortunately, I've read that the date window for the A7753 is a bit different than the date window for the ETA 7753... can this be confirmed?

It does, but it's sporadic. Sometimes it will go for several hours before it mis-aligns, and even then it's barely noticeable.

Thank you kindly for your answer.

It's a small flaw at worst. All reps are flawed, it's just a matter of what we can live with. :)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk