When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Subamriner Modded...

yellomen

You are right,thats newer productions of the 93250....

There is also no 93250 marking on the first link that touch the SEL...

Thats the Old Version on a Gen one

170541-9816.jpg

I have one newer gen that has 93250 engraved on the first link and one that doesn't. I've found it hard to find definitive information on why this varies...

All of the subs you guys have been superb...mine is still a work in progress but I appreciate the compliments. Really the finishing touch for my sub will be the loose end links, 93150/580. Here are a few more poor pics...I really need a better camera.

170542-9814.jpg

170542-9815.jpg

bruce, these pics look great! i love the white backdrop. really brings out the watch. looks great by the way :D

Wow... i am really imresssed by how close some of you have gotten to the real thing. I would like to give it a try as well, but from what i understand i need a case from one dealer, the dial from another and the bracelet of yet another one...

Any idea which case would be the best startpoint?

I once heard the MBW case would be best, a TW-Best dial and a chinese for the bracelet...?!

Wow... i am really imresssed by how close some of you have gotten to the real thing. I would like to give it a try as well, but from what i understand i need a case from one dealer, the dial from another and the bracelet of yet another one...

Any idea which case would be the best startpoint?

I once heard the MBW case would be best, a TW-Best dial and a chinese for the bracelet...?!

Yepp, a MBW Case older style or TW-Best case,whole movement,Dial from Pauls perfect Sub,Nymphomariner or Noobmariner (All the same)...

Some gen parts and you have a nice Sub.. ;)

In reference to the end link not fitting, I must say I bought another "relaunch" from Andrew for my brother's Xmas, and the end-links & bands keep getting better & better. On the relaunch (the first $188 sub on his sub page) they've made the SELs slightly thicker & wider, and started drilling the lugholes about 1/4 to 1/2 mm higher in the case to make them sit flush. It looks like there's practically no gap, and they feel flush to the touch (with the case) when you rub your finger over it. I'll snap some pics when I get home so you can see how fantastic the new ones are.

how's my old sub? :p my opinion, it's hard to get endlinks to fit properly to the case and lugs. lots of times there is a big gap which is a quick givaway to a rep.

Well, Chris... Your's is perfect, but that's because it's a gen ^_^

SEL's are one of the biggest giveaways on a watch. Not only in how they fit, but in how they look. There are very few out there that look right, and they aren't typically found on the Sub reps. The Noobmariner is the best Sub bracelet I've seen in a long time... But it's still not right.

Really the finishing touch for my sub will be the loose end links, 93150/580.

Bruce,

I have a genuine 93150 with 593's sitting in with some other parts in transit to me. I picked it up for a friend, who is on the fence about using it on his watch. If he decides to pass, would you be interested?

SEL's are one of the biggest giveaways on a watch. Not only in how they fit, but in how they look. There are very few out there that look right, and they aren't typically found on the Sub reps. The Noobmariner is the best Sub bracelet I've seen in a long time... But it's still not right.

Bruce,

I have a genuine 93150 with 593's sitting in with some other parts in transit to me. I picked it up for a friend, who is on the fence about using it on his watch. If he decides to pass, would you be interested?

I would be interested indeed. Shoot me a pm. :)

:lol: good one randy :lol: actually...i'd rather have one of your frankens, the rolex subs really are not very impressive watches for $5000. really. it's an overpriced $800 watch with a genius marketing plan. heck, rolex can make a quartz submariner and half the people that buy them won't know the difference and will still pay $5000 for one so they can have a $5000 watch :D

yours on the other hand, are truly impressive! you built a 99% exact copy of the $5000-$10,000 watches from the best of the best sourced parts and probably only spent $800, what the watch "should" cost genuine, but doesn't. all the time and effort you put in to these means alot more than a watch any joe can walk into an AD and buy. even on an easy finance plan if they wanted to. i'd much rather have the pride of building my own. that's why i sold the thing :D