When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3135 into a 3035 case

kidcreole

Won't work unfortunately. The height differences in the movement prevent it.

The 3035 is thicker above the crown position. This means in order to get a 3135 to fit, you would have to lengthen the cannon pinions to get the hands in the proper position to clear the dial (for which parts aren't available), and you'd have to put in a dial spacer to get the dial up to the rehaut. You might also have to machine the OD of the case.

You'd probably be better using a TC or Sean case and drilling lugholes if you want to use that movement. Not perfect, but it will at least work.

Just thought of something ... you didn't specify which case you were using, or which movement was currently in the watch. If you have a watch with an ETA (or clone) 2824, then it should work.

Edited by tomhorn

If the Y3135 is the same size as genuine, the stem will be about .4mm too far toward the front of the case tube. Hard to fix.

A thin spacer between the dial and reflector ring (rehaut) inside the case will work but it is a real hassle to make a spacer this thin. I made one for a DW '5513' case in order to put a 1520 in it (they are made for a 1575 date mvt). Making the thin spacer out of an aluminum washer was more trouble than it was worth and I had to use an old 'ww' bezel chuck from the 1920s or 1930s to hold it. I could have used stainless steel but it is harder to work with. Factories usually die stamp small parts like this, they do not machine them.