When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In Need of a 3646 kampfschwimmer

Max72

I'd like to add a 3646 kampfschwimmer with heavily worn look to my collection and I need to find a modder/artist for this job. I'm hoping some of you guys can refer me to somebody that will build my grail watch.

thank you all for your help. I'm located in the US.

Max

take a look here

http://www.vintagewatchparts.co.uk/

rolli

I'd like to add a 3646 kampfschwimmer with heavily worn look to my collection and I need to find a modder/artist for this job. I'm hoping some of you guys can refer me to somebody that will build my grail watch.

thank you all for your help. I'm located in the US.

Max

I saw those 2 watches but the price is a little too high for me right now, I'm still recovering from my GMT 1675 build that cost me around 4K1675%20copy_zpstaja1slk.jpg

What's your budget on this 3646?

Before strap this watch can probably done in various forms depending on the case/movement/hands.

Most bang for the buck being a River ($200-ish ) case or Silix case ($50-ish)

The advantage of the River being. A 3pc design as per gen.

Take said case and have someone solder up or weld up the area near the lug bars.

Then upgrade the crown for an Athaya crown for $35 plus tapping the case.

For movements you're looking at anywhere from $50 for a Molnija to $100-150 for a Eta 6497/8 to $300-400 for a 616 Cortebert

Now comes hands.

Neckyzips is making some badass blued hands soon. Otherwise a fella named binbin has made some steel similar to gen length hands that can be heat blued. Otherwise River also makes so very decent hands but the crowntube has a silver ring that pokes through and can be seen. Hands probably varying depending on what you choose to be $50-100.

Finally is the dial. Various great dial artists out there on HF from Bigwaved to Irate03. Base dials usually run you aroubd $30-35 and then painting on top of that.

That should cover you. Assembly should be fun and straight forward. Good luck with your build!

Oh and a plus 1 on both Neckyzips and Nightwatch. Good fellas.

Sent from the my iPhone using Tapatalk s

All sorted thanks to you guys!

black_shark will take care of the build; I contacted Elias and he's going to make the brass buckle for the strap

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkESs s