When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which version of carbon diver is the best?

I thought the JF V5 has a Seagull 2824  movement? That's according to the puretime website. If that's true, that is a really good movement (if it's the ST 2130). They do mention  on the noob version that the grey hand has been corrected. The old a2824 noob movements were terrible.

Heck,I have a JF V3, and I'm pretty happy with it. It could stand better AR on the cyclops, but otherwise it's OK. Of course the "latest and greatest" are generally going to be better!! 

I'm not going to explain to you why because the information has been discussed many times. ;)

But I'm going to tell you to choose the noob v4 over the jf for the forged carbon diver. That, sir, is a heck of a good rep. Suffice to say that a low beat movement and other minor mods to the noob FC v4 could allow it to be sold as a genuine AP by the unscrupulous on eBay.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

I have a jf v3 but changed the hour hand with a noob one (correct white lume) and swapped the xtal out with a profsteve xtal which is amazing. If I were you I would also go with the noob v4 and add a 2 sided ar'd xtal since it makes the watch truly stunning! The carbon pattern shouldn't be different since I guess the case is provided by the same maker for all versions from v3 onwards ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I have a jf v3 but changed the hour hand with a noob one (correct white lume) and swapped the xtal out with a profsteve xtal which is amazing. If I were you I would also go with the noob v4 and add a 2 sided ar'd xtal since it makes the watch truly stunning! The carbon pattern shouldn't be different since I guess the case is provided by the same maker for all versions from v3 onwards ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

+1

The double AR would ironically make it better than the gen one though :lol: 

The gen AR is a nice and clear single side one. The only difference between the V3 and V4, in my opinion, are:

a. crystal AR is improved (nothing that aftermarket AR cannot solve)

b. cyclops double AR 

c. slightly better case finish (you can polish the V3 case yourself to make it as good or better)

You just need a quality low beat movement and this would be a watch that is almost 1:1...

And yes, to the OP, the FC version is more accurate than the stainless steel version, mainly because of the inner bezel.

+1

The double AR would ironically make it better than the gen one though :lol:

The gen AR is a nice and clear single side one. The only difference between the V3 and V4, in my opinion, are:

a. crystal AR is improved (nothing that aftermarket AR cannot solve)

b. cyclops double AR 

c. slightly better case finish (you can polish the V3 case yourself to make it as good or better)

You just need a quality low beat movement and this would be a watch that is almost 1:1...

And yes, to the OP, the FC version is more accurate than the stainless steel version, mainly because of the inner bezel.

Master Legend, you forgot to mention 

d. improvement in the minute hand lume color. V3 is greyish while V4 is closer to white, which is closer to gen. 

P.S. Mr. A has the best version out there, you should share your watch by giving everyone a wristie ;)

Reading this intently.

I haven't bought a rep from a TD for a long time but this is going to be it.

Am I right in thinking the Tissot Powermatic 80 is the movement to drop into this? If so is it a straight forward drop in or will a custom ring be needed? 

Thanks for all this info Legend.

I have a v4 FC Diver and it is quite nice as Legend indicates above. To make it best in class you need a Tissot Powermatic 80 21,600 bph movement, a Vac relume and AR. Total investment will be about $1000 plus the watch.

Master Legend, you forgot to mention 

d. improvement in the minute hand lume color. V3 is greyish while V4 is closer to white, which is closer to gen. 

P.S. Mr. A has the best version out there, you should share your watch by giving everyone a wristie ;)

Actually, Folex my brother, the moment you check in here, the master is you. You are far more familiar than the diver evolution and intricacies than I can ever hope to be.

I think when you finally decide to get a rep diver, that one would be the best. Mine is far from it. lol.

I've got a Powermatic 80 sitting in a Tissot watch just waiting for a new home. I think now that I might try to find a noob hand set, and try to get the cyclops AR'ed I have a guru AR'ed crystal that will work just fine. I really think the cyclops lume on the V3 is lacking. Just wondering if it would be better to try to sell this one and find a V4 to mod, it's already got a better cyclops and hands, correct? would only need to change the crystal and drop in the Powermatic 80. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys this might sound like a dumb question but i wasn't able to find info anywhere.

I am seeing obvious differences in the internal bezel colours of the of the ceramic divers which suggest to me that might have been an update of the dial (?)
I mean that they are so obvious that it's impossible for the factories to miss them.
I am referring to the minute markers on the internal bezel between 12 and 3 being black instead of white in every TD's shop, plus the 12 marker is half black half orange, the hinges that attach the strap to the case are black (potentially this might be a lighting issue).

Anyone has any idea what is going on?

• 2 weeks later...

Ceramic or FC diver? Which is best rep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than the gen and the modded pieces, I would say the Noob V4 is the best out of the box, considering the inner bezel, hands, dial details, crystal AR, cyclops AR, case and movement. 

Of course, this may change, as always, with the iteration...