When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian or Swiss eta 2836-2?

sputim

I bought this watch for a friend of mine some time back and ordered it with a a2836-2. Now I had to repair a dial dot and when I opened the watch the movement looked extremely clean and all the stamps are well made so I started to campare it and except of the shock system it looks swiss for me. But could any expert chime in and tell me that I am wrong ;) I think no td is going to send out swiss when ordering asian. This would be too much luck ;)

Cheers,

sputim

post-50919-0-83265600-1426337168_thumb.j

post-50919-0-21938500-1426337171_thumb.j

post-50919-0-17804500-1426337174_thumb.j

post-50919-0-96410800-1426337176_thumb.j

Its one of The most clean clone i ever seen :o is this right when you received it or did you clean snd Oil it ??

Never did anything on this watch and it is in use for about 1year! That's why I asked it looks just spot on and not a single bit of dust. By the way the watch is a noob exp.2 rlx with asian eta 2836-2 :)

Rep. What you have there is a very nice example of a clone ETA. The most obvious tell is that there is only one release grove on the balance spring retainer. Gen ETA has three.

Thanks for your info! I looked for that as well but many other parts looked like gen eta when I compared them and the movement is so clean. But most probably a very nice example of an asian eta :)

By the way the watch is a noob exp.2 rlx with asian eta 2836-2 :)

I have the same one: VERY good piece.

About the movement: look the rotor (not in the pics), most probably it has engraved "TWENY FIVE JEWELS" missing the obvious second T of twenty :)

Never did anything on this watch and it is in use for about 1year! That's why I asked it looks just spot on and not a single bit of dust. By the way the watch is a noob exp.2 rlx with asian eta 2836-2 :)

Did they ever bother modding ETA2836 to have a GMT complication? I didn't think they did and it was only on the a2836.