When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ploprof

altheowl

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but have found it very interesting. For some time I have been trying to sorce a Helson Sharkmaster 600 but the few available are priced very high and more than I would pay(recently offered more than the new price on a used model only to get knocked back but imo a very greedy seller) I have looked at several sites offering the Omega Ploprof using Eta movements with the bezel locking button working and claiming water resistance. I have never used these sites and I'm a little wary, has anyone bought one of these Ploprofs and can anyone recomend a trustworthy site(preferably in the uk but I know this is a big ask).

Thans in advance for any help.

Alex

Ps, If anyone would like to sell me one I would be cool with that as well :-)

Edited by altheowl

The only bad thing about Ploprof reps is that it is permanently discontinued by the noob factory

Only white available now, and grab one while they are still available

Cheers for the info not entirely sure about the white nice looking site though, cheers again

Look at our trusted dealers. They should be able to source one for you.

Thanks Kernow, checked out the list some good sites. still not sure how they get the watches to you avoiding customs ect, going to do a little more research before I take the plunge.

Omega have announced some new Polprofs, see link below.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/omega-seamaster-ploprof-1200m-co-axial-master-chronometer-watch/

Can t believe that one of the factories won't rep at least one of them.

I have a Helson Sharkdiver that I may be looking to sell, I've got too many watches at the moment that don't get worn enough, I just haven't worked out which ones I'm going to let go yet, Peter hasn't made any noises about running another batch of SD's so I can understand why someone might want to profit from the scarcity of the watch. They do come up on eBay occasionally.

Maybe drop me a PM.

Cheers

Mark

+1

I think it's the nicest out of the 4.

Hopefully someone will do a decent rep of at least one of them, but given the choice of a rep of Ploprof or the re-edition Speedmaster Mark II with the red/orange dial, the Speedmaster would win.

Thanks Kernow, checked out the list some good sites. still not sure how they get the watches to you avoiding customs ect, going to do a little more research before I take the plunge.

I've ordered several from our TD's and had them delivered to the UK without issue. The more you think about it the less likely you are to order! Just choose a TD that will re-ship if there are any customs issues.

I've been after a V2 Ploprof for a while.  Bad news I'm afraid.  They have been out of production for a while and I have contacted almost every trusted dealer from several replica watch forums and they all tell me the same thing, they dont have them any more and the ones are left are QC rejects.  I'm out!  There are a few whiles ones but that is it, not for me unfortunately.

Basically anyone claiming to have them is highly likly to about to scam you or just sell U sh!t.

Your options are:

Buy one second hand

Helson Sharkmaster

Get a white one and mod it to your tastes

Good luck, but not so good luck you beat me too it! ;-)  Please let me know if you find any alternatives.

Thanks.

• Like 1