When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DELETE ! admin delete the entire topic !

rolli

Markie I didn't see the price written for this dial so I so was stating if the price was right then I'm in...It wasn't some sort of lowball statement or a putdown at all but Rolli took it to heart and posted some BS to me via PM...Thats all.

Markie I didn't see the price written for this dial so I so was stating if the price was right then I'm in...It wasn't some sort of lowball statement or a putdown at all but Rolli took it to heart and posted some BS to me via PM...Thats all.

Ok I see... I didn't want to attack you or anything. My post wasn't pointed at you personally either.

It's all good! :)

for those who have interest for technical informations.

pam hands for the unitas movement:

hands for pam models can only be made in hong kong for a resonable price,

and you only have to order a larger production number.

NOTE:   swiss hands manufacturers charge for special hands shapes a base price of € 4000, --, for the production of the punching tool.

this special hands cannot made by laser cutting technology,  because the hand-tube is with the hand a one-piece shape.

that's why it is better to buy the hands in hong kong by a hands company.

and in switzerland will be made the reworking for swiss quality.

our hands run-through a special procedure.

first it must be made a special hands-jig to put on 50 or more single hands

( hour, minute, small second hands )

this special hands jig is made to spray on the barlac paint perfectly on the hands,

also undersides.

first the old paint and lume must be removed with a chemical bath.

after the hands must be cleaned with clean water. then druying time.

with special airbrush pistoles and special textured black matt berlac swiss paint,

comes the paint on the hands surface and underside.

then in a special hands oven with circa 60 degrees the burn-in process.

after the cooling time, the hands will be attached on the special wrapping card.

and i get them for inspection and control.

Lume material mix:

then they go to rctritec switzerland for the special lume applying.

we have a special together with rctritec developed material.

and always the triple luminosity power super grade-A material,

it is extreme more expensive, but has a three time superior lume power,

than all other watch brands.

then rctritec sales this special developed material only to me for a higher price.

coated wil be only with a hand-piece named stylograph which has different filling tips. also for hand coating.

after the lume coating, the hands come in the oven and with 60 degrees the druying time.

mostly will be made the hands lume coating in the same time like the dials.

after i get them back i always control and check very intensively all the dials and hands.

note:  not only the dial procedure, also the hands procedure is very complex and costly.

I hope that this report provides a good insight, why Swiss quality has its place.

all the best

rolli

ill take one..  what else do you have cooking ? :) I have a few of your dials now but not in watches yet lol  i've been busy with work, but dials like this 000 i can just install into my current 000 without building another watch.. 

i am waiting for the final lettering print.

by the Easter holidays, everything is delayed.

regards

rolli

ill take one..  what else do you have cooking ? :) I have a few of your dials now but not in watches yet lol  i've been busy with work, but dials like this 000 i can just install into my current 000 without building another watch.. 

• 1 month later...

Wow, impressive! :clap:

Finally a sausage dial with properly slightly recessed lume application.

We've been waiting for it for a while. :)

I think the pic under sunlight makes the indices appear even deeper than what they really are.

It's not very evident in the pics, but I think another great difference IRL, in respect to the noob, is the base paint of the dial. It has a different and more matte black that makes dial and indices merge in a nicer way.

I won't comment on the fatter numbers and indices, quite noticeable in the lume shot because I don't know which one is correct. If I know rolli a bit though, and his attention to detail, I can imagine his reply already :lol:

Good job rolli and congrats abba zabba zoo! :)

Good effort to make it, but this dial is flawfull. Indexes are wrong, fonts too bold like 005, when in fact they are more thin in 000 dial.

3 index is totally different between 000 dial and 005 dial. Background finish is wrong, too glossy. I'll wait a 2.0 version.

• Like 1

camera makes a fish eye efect with the shot,

in real everything is perfect, i have a gen dial and a high resolution scan,

everything is made 1:1. also the background finish, like all oem dials

when you come to near with the camera to the object, everything will be larger,

note:  the camera lens looks like a fish eye, and the result of the picture is the same.

for a correct largeness of the object on the picture you need the correct distance from camera to the object.

you tells wrong things.

study first the camera lense problem before you make this kind of statements, and if you have a bad camera, this problem will be larger.

minimum a 50.000 euro hasselblad makes with the correct distance the correct photos.

regards

rolli

Good effort to make it, but this dial is flawfull. Indexes are wrong, fonts too bold like 005, when in fact they are more thin in 000 dial.

3 index is totally different between 000 dial and 005 dial. Background finish is wrong, too glossy. I'll wait a 2.0 version.

note:  the camera lens looks like a fish eye, and the result of the picture is the same.

for a correct largeness of the object on the picture you need the correct distance from camera to the object.

you tells wrong things.

study first the camera lense problem before you make this kind of statements, and if you have a bad camera, this problem will be larger.

minimum a 50.000 euro hasselblad makes with the correct distance the correct photos.

regards

rolli

18k3z0i7o2ne2jpg.jpg

• Like 1

physical laws are facts ,  and no one can say the wrong things.

the camera records not alone the opject, it records also all the thinks what happens through the light conditions between object and camera lens.

that brings all the unwanted distortions

rolli

you tells wrong things.

regards

rolli

you tells wrong things.

regards

rolli

mate, I'm not a newbie... you can find me on RWI and RG

You used a flawful Noob 000 dial to make your dial, not a gen... sorry

Here to compare with a gen 000 dial

Pam000-3.jpg

30w2l8g.jpg

Background colour/finish and layout of a 005 dial from Vannic

1.JPG

Edited by Bozz
  • Like 1

Mr Bozz,

No replica dials were used as reference for this dial or any others.

We have physical genuine dials including 000, 001, 002, 003,061,082,024 and 023 plus many high resolution scans of other genuine dials care of friends on this forum and others.

Whilst I can appreciate not everyone will like this dial , your stating that a Noob dial was used as reference is 100% incorrect.

Best

FGD

• Like 1

Wow that looks awesome! Oh and what is the name and maker of the strap? That combo is a killer!

That looks like a Dirk Tan or Cognac. One of the best straps ever. Buttery soft, gorgeous leather.

As far as the dial.... Wow, you might as well be holding a gen. For those of us without easy access to genuine dials, Rolli has given a gift, worth every penny.