When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone tried a japanese miyota mov't rep?

Prsist

I have a Planet Ocean Sochi with one. The second hand does not sweep as smoothly and the Asian movements do and sometimes if you look closely, it stutters slightly. HOWEVER, it keeps absolutely perfect time!

I have one in a gen Heroic 18 bronze diver. Keeps great time, however they do have a "stuttering" seconds hand, I believe this is due to a different drive mechanism for the Myiota movement as opposed to the ETA movements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the red/rose gold PO on the rubber deployant strap. Movement has been reliable but as others have noted the sweeping second hand is not as smooth and if I shake the watch the second hand will stop slightly like all Miyota moements but I don't think 99% of folks would notice and if it is reliable, which appears go be the concensus, then i can live with the sweeping hand shutter (by the way the shutter for me is worse from 12 to 3 on the dial).

I think we will see more Miyota movement watches now that the etas are gone and sellita movement become harder to source. Also, most of the so called ETA swiss movements coming out of China were a mishmash of parts. Some swiss parts, some local parts and often old swiss movements according to my watch repair person..

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

I've got a few Miyota movements in a pair of Invicta Divers and I just got one in a Charles Hubert gold Datejust knock-off. All are doing fine. They may run a tad fast but it's no big deal. And if you can buy another 8215 for $40, what the heck.

You know what's f'd up? My miyota powered Seamaster 300 keeps impeccable time but yes, when the movement is jiggled it stutters, and sometimes the second hand gets jittery but oddly enough the thing keeps really great time. I've not had a problem with it at all.

Yes, the 9015 is a 28,800 bph and 24 jewels. At 11-1/2 lignes, it sets up like the etas and other rep watch motors, being 3.9mm high, maybe more like the 2892-2.

I ran across it in a 6538 knock-off, the Sea Viper

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ticino-40mm-Sea-Viper-Vintage-Submariner-Diver-Watch-/191553457551?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9979cd8f

tested to 200m! Could be fun for diiving, etc.

With swiss etas being scarce, miyotas might be a good way to go.