When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WRUW 4-12 2015

MrThompspnR

Nice. A warm day also here in Chicago. So I waxed my drop top too!

3aa93540de672bf01cbe3dc7918572ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, I am actually a Corvette guy. Mostly built old ones but I had a c5 and a c6 also. My all time favorite cars. Got tired of having/maintaining two cars so compromised with audi a few years back and have stayed with them.

My wife has a wager I will give in and get another 60's Vette this summer

I love the blue. Beautiful car.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Funny, I am actually a Corvette guy. Mostly built old ones but I had a c5 and a c6 also. My all time favorite cars. Got tired of having/maintaining two cars so compromised with audi a few years back and have stayed with them.

My wife has a wager I will give in and get another 60's Vette this summer

I love the blue. Beautiful car.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Thanks. It's nine years old, and holding up well. I'm still not sold on the C7...? I'm this close so maybe after it hits 10 y/o, I'll look into buying something else. I do love the look of the Audi S5 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does the Audi handle? I really like the lines. I drive a Saab 9-3 convert in the summer and a 9-5 Aero wagon in the winter. My wife drives her SUV all year round and thinks I'm nuts for keeping 2 cars. I keep telling her that my convert was my first love and predated her, but she's not buying it. She wants me to trade in both my Saabs and get something bigger to haul around the kids, and then the bonus is she can use the 3rd garage stall for kids' bikes, cozy coupes, toys, etc. She says we can always get another convert once the kids are older, but I've had this one since it was new. It has been paid off for 10 years so it only costs my pennies to own. I just can't part with it.

Am I nuts? It serves no practical purpose with 3 little kids. On the flip side, I like the fact that it has very comfortable back seats and kids' car seats easily fit back there. My boys love going for rides with the top down. Another plus is the gas mileage is phenomenal.

How does the Audi handle? I really like the lines. I drive a Saab 9-3 convert in the summer and a 9-5 Aero wagon in the winter. My wife drives her SUV all year round and thinks I'm nuts for keeping 2 cars. I keep telling her that my convert was my first love and predated her, but she's not buying it. She wants me to trade in both my Saabs and get something bigger to haul around the kids, and then the bonus is she can use the 3rd garage stall for kids' bikes, cozy coupes, toys, etc. She says we can always get another convert once the kids are older, but I've had this one since it was new. It has been paid off for 10 years so it only costs my pennies to own. I just can't part with it.

Am I nuts? It serves no practical purpose with 3 little kids. On the flip side, I like the fact that it has very comfortable back seats and kids' car seats easily fit back there. My boys love going for rides with the top down. Another plus is the gas mileage is phenomenal.

No kids here. So opens up options. You are not nuts. If you like driving, top down cruising is the best.

Handles great with the Quattro. Goes well in the snow which is why I switched to Audi. Drop top for most of the year and Quattro for the mountains which I drive frequently. She is heavy at 5300 pounds so rides quiet and smooth like a large sedan. I had a 2010 but they made some improvements on the 2015 so I special ordered this one. It is really a 2 seater. Back seats are for looks only. My seat is pressed on the back seat. I am 6'3" but they really are not usable.

Best feature is the selectable car control which allows you to change magnetic ride, exhaust sound, steering and shift points. Go from dynamic to comfort with a touch of a button. My options were somewhat limited in the convertible all wheel drive market. Only a couple to choose from. In the end it was this or a Porsche. Golf clubs fit in the Audi even with the top down so that was the clincher.