When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Important Announcement - Final Reminder

Finepics

Gentlemen at last the wait is over. I have now got the trial batch of datewheels for the 2893 GMT and 2892A2 Power reserve PAM movts through and I have to tell you they are damn perfect. I am thrilled to bits. The font is the exact same font that Panerai use and is crisp and sharp with no defects at all. These samples have been printed using a mesh screen (which can create imperfections although I cannot see any at all) but the production run will be printed using a metal etched plate which will give an absolutely perfect print. And what's more is that the 2893 wheels are identical to the 2836 movts so all you members that are not as fortunate to own a 2893 version can still have the same datewheel.

I have taken some quick pics in my PAM 063 and PR PAM 028 (but the 028 are not great as my lens had trouble focussing on the actual wheel which sits behind another lens in the soprod PR module and the crystal is non AR so the internal reflections make it difficult to see).

The price of these is £45 shipped worldwide. Sorry for you US members who have a weak dollar but not much I can do about that. I will start shipping in the new year as we are too close to Christmas now. Please do not PM me as my box fills up too quickly but email your order to me at finepics@gmail.com - my PP is finepics@hotmail.com and please put in the subject line 2893/2836GMT or 2892PR so I know what is what at a glance.

I am doing this on a first come first serve basis however thos of you that expressed an interest initially will get priority. There are only about 25 of the 2892 PR wheels available and about 75 GMT's. Some have already been taken in advance but there should be enough to go around.

Here are the quick pics:

2893 and 2836

171540-9421.jpg

171540-9422.jpg

171540-9423.jpg

171540-9424.jpg

2892A2

171540-9425.jpg

171540-9426.jpg

171540-9427.jpg

171540-9428.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I tell you what it has been a nightmare getting this far. My printers always seem to screw up the first time but after a while they hit it right on the spot. Actually they are only just getting used to their Pad machine (which is a Swiss one the same as the watch industry uses) and doing these has helped them fine tune their knowledge. The use of metal plates instead of a screen will ensure perfect results and these samples were printed using a screen (which is why the black background has a slight texture - but not in the final run).

Well, it seems now confirmed that the watchmen cyclops perform better on a 063 than on a 028 (as my 028 and other's 063 suggested as well). :g:

SSsurfer - the 28 has an additional lens in the Soprod module which pre-magnifies the date as it is further away from the dial window. I might see if I can remove this and see if it makes any difference.

All members please excuse me if I don't reply immediately to you (or at all for that matter) as I am getting a lot of emails regarding orders. Please be assured that unless you hear otherwise your orders are confirmed and will ship in early January.

Is Watchmen a member here? How can we purchase that beautiful cyclops? Thanks ;)

Sam, 'Watchmen' was the name of the group that designed and had those cyclopses made, and that I had the honour to participate in (the other members being archibald, Finepics and kruzer00).

Those cyclopses have been made in a run of 100 pieces 'only', and they were sold out a long time ago. Sorry.

Little bump here - surprising how few members actually want them now that they are ready!! I seem to recall a lot more interested parties when I first posted about this - and add to that the fact that they also fit the 2836 movts I am very surprised at the lack of response. Maybe some of you went to an alternative source (I think we know what I mean) - hope you are happy with them. Of course it could just be that some of you are away for the Xmas holidays so perhaps that's why. All this serves to do is to completely discourage me from any more projects for anyone in future.

All this serves to do is to completely discourage me from any more projects for anyone in future.

... And this is the worst event we can think of.

C'mon, people, Finepics is a definite asset to all us. Really do we want to have him discouraged?

I think it's just a matter of Christmas holidays...

Wheels are perfect as it gets...

Knowing Mark's schizofrenical condition for detail ( :) ) I suspect these wheels are even better than the OEM.

this may sound like a stupid thought but why dont we tip our dealers to mass order them from Mark?

This could represent a powerful improvement to their models and would be certainly easier for some of us who dont have resourceful means to get those wheels installed by a reliable third party!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Marco

Bump up reminder for this as I will be finalising orders at the end of next week - a mile short of original target so no more projects for youse guys for sure!

Mark, let the holidays pass. Many people are certainly on vacation and not checking in on datewheel status just yet. For those of you NOT on vacation - honor your commitment and PAY UP !