When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newest purchase: Genuine Tudor 9411/0 Submariner

marrickvilleboy

After having a rep Tudor 9411 for the last year or so, I fell in love with it and its style so have been eyeing to get a genuine piece for the past several months. It has been difficult for sure, eBay, VRF and Rolexforum have seen many pass through but all at market prices - the black 9411 fetching around US$3.5-4K depending condition. Anyway, fast forward to a few weeks ago, I saw in a local pawn shop a nice little 9411 come in and I thought I would check it out...

It was pretty nice - a early 1980s model with what seems a later dial (no longer made by Beylar) and with a very clean bezel. The crown was still the old 702 and the caseback had a more unique engraving font. Driven by a 2784, it was also keeping good time too. However, the acrylic crystal was a bit strange, it was a domed crystal, seemingly more like for a 1675 with the cyclops more towards the center of the dial.

Putting aside the questionable crystal for one second, the other problem as usual was the price - the vendor was asking A$5.3K which equated to around the US$4-4.2K mark. Definitely on the high side and without a bracelet, it was difficult to swallow.

Over the subsequent week or two, I was unfortunately drawn to it over and over again and after getting confirmation from several members of this Board that it was indeed genuine, I went back to negotiate and see if I could take it home.

After some haggling, some of which I must say was quite generous of the vendor, I was offered a price too good to walk away from. Some quick pictures for now. Note that I have only swapped out the crystal for a generic 127 and have put it on a rep 93150 bracelet - will need to hunt for the genuine ones to complete this set. Overall, very happy with this piece.

Welcome all comments! thanks.

IMG_2837_zps27irjv2a.jpg

IMG_2836_zpsgxtntgt0.jpg

IMG_2834_zpsjfvxjdee.jpg

Edited by marrickvilleboy
  • Like 2

Good looking piece, mate. Surprised you found a beauty like that in a NSW pawn shop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah interesting thing was I took it into Rolex for a service quote and was told that they have seen an influx of vintage tudor snowflakes ever since Black Bay came out.

Looks like there are alot of them around we just dont see them for sale very often.

• Like 1

Yeah interesting thing was I took it into Rolex for a service quote and was told that they have seen an influx of vintage tudor snowflakes ever since Black Bay came out.

Looks like there are alot of them around we just dont see them for sale very often.

Pretty amazing, but like you said there are probably a lot around. Nothing like bringing out a "new" version of a great old watch to bring the old ones out of the sock drawers!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk