When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Submission - Omega Planet Ocean 22mm Rubber Strap

r11co

171957-9326.jpg

How many of us either have or crave a 45mm ultimate or chrono Planet Ocean? Most of us, I bet!

Right now, if you want to fit a rubber strap to it you can either buy something generic, or pay $300 for the genuine item.

If you want a rep 45mm PO with rubber strap you have to settle for the old, 20mm lug spacing Asian model and an (admittedly passable) replica Seamaster strap that the PO case has been modified to accept (tough luck if you already have a 45mm PO with a 20mm SS bracelet as you won't have the extra lugholes required to fit the strap...)

As the old model drops out of production and more dealers carry the new case, this avenue will close to us.

The replica world NEEDS a 22mm Planet Ocean rubber strap.

(PS There was supposed to be a poll attached to this, but it didn't, for some reason... :g: )

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I PM'ed silix in regards to the special edition PO with rubber strap and he said that his contact was working on it.

He asked me if I had any decent links about the watch with pictures, serial numbers etc....

I sent him these links:

http://www.delldeaton.com/Bond-21-blog.htm

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg...28273&rid=0

http://www.watchnet.com/forums/tradingpst/...mes;read=291756

http://www.uhrenhandel.de/store/product_in...roducts_id=3544

So I have a feeling we will see this watch soon. If you want to help out contact silix and send him some detailed photos.

Cheers :D

Just like rsv123, the only thing that has stopped me picking up a 45mm Planet Ocean is the lack of rubber strap. As soon as one's available I'm there. Count me in/add my vote.

I've committed to an 'ultimate' PO on the basis that I know the genuine band will fit (thanks, doc!!). I now hope I can pick one up for something less than silly money or it gets repped.

The production of this strap is a no-brainer now, even as an option for owners of the genuine article. The market is potentially enormous.

I've committed to an 'ultimate' PO on the basis that I know the genuine band will fit (thanks, doc!!). I now hope I can pick one up for something less than silly money or it gets repped.

The production of this strap is a no-brainer now, even as an option for owners of the genuine article. The market is potentially enormous.

I hear you as regards buying the ultimate PO knowing that the gen band will fit, I almost did the same but found I can't fund the PO purchase until new year, I blame my kids and Christmas! :D

Definitely agree with you as regards the production of the strap, there's no reason at all why this shouldn't be repped and sold in massive quantities.

Bring it on i say. The sooner the better.

I own the previously mentioned Asian model (with rubber), and it is passable. But, i also have the ultimate 45mm, and it blows it clean out of the water. I'd also like to see a 20mm to fit the 4th gen as i own 2 of those, and they're the best 42.5mm model out there.

If you want a rep 45mm PO with rubber strap you have to settle for the old, 20mm lug spacing Asian model and an (admittedly passable) replica Seamaster strap that the PO case has been modified to accept (tough luck if you already have a 45mm PO with a 20mm SS bracelet as you won't have the extra lugholes required to fit the strap...)

What mods have to be done to swap put the 20mm braclet for a strap?

Edited by yt74

Take away that bloody "007" logo and I'm in........................................................only kiddin Rico! :lol:

Nice use of the BB code there JTB. I'm not taken by the blatant use of the logo either...

@Doc - gonna take LOTS and LOTS of detailed pictures of that strap, next to measuring tapes and stuff and send them to a certain dealer who has links with a strap factory please ;)

I have one of Andrew's cheap but satisfying quartz PO chronos on a rubber strap I swapped out from a Silix Seamaster. It fits and looks quite decent except for those blasted locating pins sticking out against the sides of the case.

Rico, what is the purpose of these of these location pins anyway? Is it so the strap ends don't flip up when the watch is worn? What would happen if I nipped them off with wire cutters?

Thanks!

@Doc - gonna take LOTS and LOTS of detailed pictures of that strap, next to measuring tapes and stuff and send them to a certain dealer who has links with a strap factory please ;)

More than happy to (just for you Rico ;) ).

Now I have some time off work I'll post a review - full spec, embossing, brushed buckle etc. but the one thing that sets the gen strap apart immediately is the material - the rubber has what I assume to be a significant silicone content that gives it a soft almost silky feel, water just evaporates straight off the surface (unlike the rep SM strap) and does NOT attract any dust, fluff etc. (one of the most annoying features of the rep rubber strap IMO).

Rico, what is the purpose of these of these location pins anyway? Is it so the strap ends don't flip up when the watch is worn? What would happen if I nipped them off with wire cutters?

Thanks!

That is exactly what they are for. It would probably do no harm to shorten them slightly if you don't have the locating holes in the watch case.

@Doc - looking forward to the review (with pics ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

I am a brand new member so please bear with me if I ask a naive question. Are these photos of a new replica 22mm rubber strap for the ultimate planet ocean rep. or for the 4th generation models ?

If there is a rep. rubberstrap available for the ultimate PO, where can I purchase it, or the Ultimate PO watch for that matter ? My search of the web has not been successful so far even for the watch.

Also,does the original Omega bracelet also fit the ultimate planet ocean replica or does one have to get the lug holes drilled ? Bernard

I agree completely. It appears that the ultimate PO 45MM rep. is as close to the real thing as you can get so far, but the compatible rubber strap would really make it an almost twin to the genuine watch in the posted photo above from the Bond film.

By the way, where can I purchase the Ultimate PO version? I have been unsussessful searching the web for a site.

Does the uiltimate PO which comes only with a ss bracelet already have the necessary holes for a rubber strap or even the genuine Omega Sstrap for roughly $ 300 ? Bernard

I asket Joshua about a rubber strap when I ordered my ultimate PO some days ago. Here is what he answered: "Rubber strap are not made for the 22mm yet. It will be soon."

When "soon" comes, I'll be down for one.

Ever since I read a review of the ultimate PO I have beén searching for a web site to purchase one. Please help me out here, since I read you ordered one recently. Thanks a bunch ! Bernard

Bernard....

Firstly, welcome to the boards! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Secondly, I"m a bit concerned you seem to be talking to yourself and/or answering your own posts! :blink:

Thirdly, try searching the dealer subforums here for what you desire ;)

And last but not least, my photos above are of my GENUINE 22mm rubber PO strap - no rep exists as yet. :whistling: