When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any idea on a gen crown for this 16710?

bobandshawn

Hi guys,
I recently purchased what I think is a pretty nice 16710 in a M2M deal. I know the CG's need a little work, other than that I think all it needs is a gen crown. Here is the original sales thread. Can anyone identify it and suggest what gen crown to get that might work (tube?). Comments and observations are welcome and appreciated!

~B

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/sho...6710-SWISS-ETA

2015-07-08%2001.55.24%202_zps3hkpiynj.jp

My little chart says the gen has a 24-603 crown and a 24-5330 tube. but the rep could easily be a 24-600 crown and a 24-6000 tube- you'll just have to take it apart and see!

The 24-5330 tube takes a 2.5mm hole and the 24-6000 tube takes a 3.0mm hole in the case

My little chart says the gen has a 24-603 crown and a 24-5330 tube. but the rep could easily be a 24-600 crown and a 24-6000 tube- you'll just have to take it apart and see!

The 24-5330 tube takes a 2.5mm hole and the 24-6000 tube takes a 3.0mm hole in the case

Are you sure the 6000 tube requires a 3mm hole? I'd be surprised.

I'm pretty sure the correct tap is a M3x0.35 tap. This would imply a drill bit size of 2.6mm, not 3.0mm. But then again, I don't recall ever installing a gen 6000 tube.

With the 3.0mm x .35 tap, the correct hole size that I read about was a 2.65mm hole. So yes it's not a full 3.0mm hole. Same with the 2.5mm tap, the starter hole needs to be smaller.

In B&S's case he just needs to figure out which case tube was used and go from there- if it's the smaller, he can go with gen spec, if it's larger, he'll need to stay with the 3.0mm case tube, unless he fills the hole and redrills and retaps, but that hardly seems worth the effort.