When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DIY Rolex 6204

marrickvilleboy

Ever since one of the guys on the board posted pictures of Rolex 6204 model, I really wanted to put one together. I think only a couple of guys have managed to find the right hands or made customs hands to fit the watch. 

Anyway, I assembled some left over parts and Silix case to put this one together. What do you guys think? I like it but really want to focus on getting my Tudor 7016 into good shape so may end up selling this.

Parts list:

• Silix case
  • Raffles dial
  • Eta 2783 slow beat
  • custom made hands from various hands

IMG_3710_zpslyjzp2l3.jpg

ef7719b4-d048-443f-af71-2bf9d87824d0_zps

IMG_3712_zpsbzpax0ll.jpg

Edited by marrickvilleboy
  • Like 1

Overall, I like what you did, but the early Subs had smaller (24-530, 5.50mm) crowns. Here is a gen for reference -

uhr-aufmacherbild.jpg

Yep but I really like the big crown so went this version instead. 

Very nice job on a rare piece. Here's mine, waiting for some magic fairy dust before it's complete.

1.jpg

very nice - and that looks like gen spec size too - the silix stuff a little too big

Where do you buy silax cases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silix prime 

yes, that is the same site.  You type in the so, but on their page it lists as .com    where on the page do you go for just parts like cases?  Are they a TD for full watches?

Also , what is the difference between their good watches and those they refer to as economy?  Movement?  What else?

I think you did a very good job. You need the right springbars.

I will disagree with freddy, the 6204 used a 6mm Brevet crown, according to the chart on Stefano's site.

http://stefanomazzariol.blogspot.com/search/label/ROLEX Submariner ref.6204 SUB- AQUA

Here is mine:

post-16926-0-74585500-1436647124_thumb.jpost-16926-0-28147400-1436648111_thumb.j

Yeah you were one of the inspirations for this build. 

What case did you use? can you remind me?

I think Freddy just meant that my crown was way too big haha which he is right

Thanks for the kind words gents

Edited by marrickvilleboy

I doubt Stefano would take offense. He just pasted a chart he found. I have never had a gen in person, so all I can go with is what I have had in my hands. The first pic is the Tiger2 case with the 6mm rep Brevet crown from Rafflestime, and the 2nd pic is the cartel case I just replaced with the same crown. A coincidence, the first pic you posted with the leather strap is in my files used for reference. I'd think that over the years parts replaced were not always what came stock.

3_2015_2.thumb.JPG.b7b1af0d01dee26c9a05d

6204_side.thumb.JPG.d2c23c1c9c80e85f3429