When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Case Back Opener

RolloRon

Could anyone advise if the standard Rolex case back openers (nut type) fit rep watches? I've tried my sticky ball but its too tight. I also have a 3 prong universal wrench but don't want to chance stripping the case since 316 ss is pretty soft. I'm looking a buying a set on Ebay - they're pretty cheap about $20 for the full set of six.

Could anyone advise if the standard Rolex case back openers (nut type) fit rep watches?

That set that themannier linked to should work. But it is the chinese copy of the better set made by Bergeon. Also, sometimes the Rolex dies don't work on the rep casebacks, but they're usually close enough to get the watch opened. 

Some of the China made Bergeon look-alike case back dies will not work on backs with recessed splines like the 6694 but seem to fit everything else Ok. The outside diameter of the die can be machined or ground down just above the splines to make them work. I have a set branded 'Tianjiu' and the 6694 die will not fit the case back.