When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tempus Machina replica, how would you do it?

hologramet

Are you going to change the crown and use the Athaya 8mm Brevet instead of the rep 704?

Very interesting about the dial.  Earlier this summer, a member from a different forum went to Helenarou and spoke with him about the build.  He said he had all of the parts readily available except for the dial, but he would get that piece of the puzzle if there was demand for it.  Is he only producing this for you in a one-time batch run, or is he going to make this a standard offering?  I think the impression earlier this year was he would make this readily available.  Maybe this has changed.  A lot of time has passed and it doesn't seem like many people are attempting this.

I really would like one of these dials for my Sub. If I could get the 200m/660ft in red, and then everything else the same that would be HOT. 

I've been wanting to turn my 5513 sub into something a bit more "vintage custom."   Do you think Helenarou could do a dial to fit on a Rolex Cal. 1520 movement in a 5513 size case? 

I never really thought my Yuki dial was the best.

• Like 1

I can talk to helenarou and see if I can get a discount. Anyone else interested?

PM sent

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

man this place is awesome, always blown away by yalls efforts. makes me wish I would have kept my pbdad HS as a "donor" to play with... there are a bunch for sale...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yeah I''m changing the bezel insert, crown (to Athaya 8mm), hands and dial on this baby. Oh, I almost forgot, domed sapphire too :)

I've given the dial thing some thought, the easiest is just contact helenarou and say that you want to use the "Tempus Machina" or 300/1000-dial and then he'll help you customize it further if you wish...

Regarding helenarou and Rolex original calibers, there is a 26mm and 29mm dial, I'm using the 29 (on the modern sub), but maybe a 26 mm with different dial feet would be something that he could do...

Check!

Yeah I''m changing the bezel insert, crown (to Athaya 8mm), hands and dial on this baby. Oh, I almost forgot, domed sapphire too :)

I've given the dial thing some thought, the easiest is just contact helenarou and say that you want to use the "Tempus Machina" or 300/1000-dial and then he'll help you customize it further if you wish...

Regarding helenarou and Rolex original calibers, there is a 26mm and 29mm dial, I'm using the 29 (on the modern sub), but maybe a 26 mm with different dial feet would be something that he could do...

Check!

yes! I've spoken with him and as long as I provide a 26mm dial he is good to go. He will do embossed/raised lettering and such, very excited to see how it comes out. 

Check!

Wow!  This is so cool.  So do you know if we have to buy the dial right now, or is this something he will now have the design for and we can contact him at a later date and say that we want that particular dial?

From what I understand he can do it right now.

I am ordering 2 dials, one for vintage sub and one for a modern build. Both gen footing as I'll use a Mike serviced Y-3135 in the latter. 

That's an awesome looking dial. I'm just not ready yet. I really hope this is something that he will keep the design for and can make again. How much is the original 29mm ETA feet dial with the 300/1000 text?

I believe that's if you provide the dial.

Thanks for the info. After looking at gen 6538 dials with red depth, and seeing Droptopman's amazing red depth Voldemort dial, I'd really like one that just reads 200 / 660. No feet or meters mentioned. I wonder if that is possible? So literally take the OP's original 300 / 1000 and just change the numbers.

I can send you the psd/pdf-file if you wish... and/or alter the original to 200 / 660

Then send it in vector form (black-and-white) to Helenarou and he'll do the rest, say it's based on the 300/1000-dial.

What are the forum rules about uploading files e.g. PSD / PDF containing logotypes etc?

I can send you the psd/pdf-file if you wish... and/or alter the original to 200 / 660

Then send it in vector form (black-and-white) to Helenarou and he'll do the rest, say it's based on the 300/1000-dial.

What are the forum rules about uploading files e.g. PSD / PDF containing logotypes etc?

Very kind of you. I'll PM you when I get a chance. I had a few minutes of downtime while on my computer this afternoon and I looked at my copy of "The Submariner Story." Now I'm not so sure. A lot of what I saw in there actually had the 200m = 660 ft like what 508-fanatic drew up. If his dial mock up is available in 29mm size then I might want to go that route. They all look so awesome!

I know that Helenarou (whoever he is) can do both a 26mm and 29mm dial. If you supply the dial plate he's all the happier.  

I'll upload the PSD/PDF in full color w/ the 2 fonts needed + the black-and-White as helenarou requested it.

The *pdf-files can be opened with Photoshop for further modding. Note that the Rolex-logo is NOT vectorized (I suck at Adobe Illustrator),

-----

Also, my copy has 10% bigger indices:

5620c35138f50_300(1).thumb.png.4cedab2f6

Tempus Machina dial.pdf

ufonts.com_newtext-regular-bt.ttf

Tempus_Machina_dial_BW.pdf

Hey guys, so just to confirm - Helenarou has all of these files and can make the changes for the red text? We just tell him what text we want it to read? I don't have Photo Shop, but it sounds like both you and 508-fanatic have provided him with the files for both the 300/1000 text and the 200 m = 660 ft text.

Hey guys, so just to confirm - Helenarou has all of these files and can make the changes for the red text? We just tell him what text we want it to read? I don't have Photo Shop, but it sounds like both you and 508-fanatic have provided him with the files for both the 300/1000 text and the 200 m = 660 ft text.

He has my file for 200/660 and will be able to do the work as needed - yes just specify what you want, make sure you tell him where feet need to go. 

• Like 1