When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Cartel 5512

Bart Cordell

At this point it sounds like we don't know if the $128 5512 with the 2813 movement is the same version or not. We almost need someone to order one to find out.

Josh said me the 5512 is not more available with DG2813 when I ordered.

Pretty good base. I would love to see more details of the 93150. I may need to get the entire thing for a semi decent bracelet. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Sorry for the bad photos quality.

d3ec3d4649a16ed21b410548f352be65.jpg213bb58f9a383ef5a95a6eb676777d9b.jpgf648f2c0bc7e7e697d3423f67b49727e.jpgbcb19f0666b72ebef4744fbe91be3a0b.jpgac5bea73bf2f5cbf98976c9cdab85f61.jpg

Pretty good base. I would love to see more details of the 93150. I may need to get the entire thing for a semi decent bracelet. 

Thanks for sharing. 

the clasp doesnt look to be correct, and the endlinks have the notch. end link connector is still folded, instead of one piece.

i dont think the bracelet is a new and improved version

A set of WSO 580 endlinks would solve the notch issue.

Someone on another forum pointed out something important, though. If you look at the pics of the watch on Josh's site and then compare these to the watch the OP actually received, they are not the same case. The website still shows the old style short and stubby crown guards.

You will have to make sure you really check your QC pics carefully.

Am I seeing things wrong, or are the crown guards different on the one you received than the ones on the first watch? Maybe it is the angle the watch was positioned in for the first batch of QC pics.

I think it's the photo angle and light. CG end disappeared on bright light.

• Like 1

I don't really see the difference with the bezel ring, but I definitely see the difference with the caseback. The new one is much thicker. Where can we source a better one? On the wrist it might not be a big deal, other than making the watch head ride higher like a sea dweller.

The 93150 bracelet still has the "flat" connector link next to the case.  It is not a curved one-piece like we want.

That case back really is a bubble back...wow.  Never seen anything like it.  I like the CGs though.  I have one of the old ones...never wear it.

OP...don't forget: a 40-year-old watch would not have any lume.  (I'd have to have it lumed as well.)

I know about old watch lume. But there is an inconsistency. This one is new, and hands and pearl have lume. So why not dial ?

Anyway I will lume it soon. I ordered a kit and oilers.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my qc pics from toro for a cartel 1680 (using it as a base for a 5513). he had pics of the old one with stumpy cg's on his site, but the qc pics are for this new one. cg's are a lot better, but the lugs need to be reshaped and that caseback has to go. Any good options for replacing it?

Pics:

IMG_1217_zps69h0hbpl.jpg

IMG_1218_zpsyrckcs4d.jpg

IMG_1219_zpsyr1w5370.jpg

IMG_1220_zpsyx2prulp.jpg

IMG_1221_zpsxkjaubbj.jpg

I think I have the 'new' version mine has STAILESS STEEL engravings, it has the fat caseback and the thick bezel.

The case isn't as good as the old one plus the tube hole is drilled even lower than before which is terrible, you can always swap the bezel and caseback but the crown position will always be naff.

I think I have the 'new' version mine has STAILESS STEEL engravings, it has the fat caseback and the thick bezel.

The case isn't as good as the old one plus the tube hole is drilled even lower than before which is terrible, you can always swap the bezel and caseback but the crown position will always be naff.

I really like the pics from the toro 1680 posted above. The crown position is dead center. Only thing is I'd have to get a new dial for a 5512 build. What do you think of it?

Did you also purchase the same Josh Cartel 5512?