When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you guys think of this vintage Tudor?

droptopman

Thought I would see what you guys think of this vintage Tudor.  Been holding out for a birth year gilt 5513, but this one sure is tempting me.  Interesting that the minute marks and TSWISST are gilt but the rest is print.  Certainly in excellent condition.  

http://www.hqmilton.com/watches/1966-tudor-submariner-7928-glossy-dial

Pick up this PCG with a redone dial for 4K and with the money you have left over get yourself a Gen dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207673/message/1446693408/FS-+1962+Tudor+Submariner+PCG+7928

It is a birth year thing...I know it is stupid, but it has to be a 1966.  For Rolex 66 is a cool year with the transition from gilt to matte.  If you have not figured out yet, I tend to be impulsive...I get sick of patiently waiting for the watch I really want to show up.  I just need to be patient.  Even though a GMT wears better on me because of the flatter case back, the 66 5513 Bart Simpson is my all time favorite Rolex.  I just need to be patient.  Actually I think I need therapy for my watch addiction.

• Like 1

I like it. It's amazing that I had the same watch 20 years ago. It had a 390 movement, of which I'm pretty sure, 67 was the last year for that movement. I had the dial refinished to day rolex and installed a sapphire crystal. Kept it 5 years and sold it for $1150. I made $850.  Should have left it alone and kept it for a little bit longer  LOL

• Like 1

To me therapy = seeing something I like then building it from scratch but I take it you are looking strictly for a gen or do you want to build one?  I made up some decals a few years back for the this but would not be that big a deal to do the entire dial gilt.

Tudor 7928 1.jpg

Thought I would see what you guys think of this vintage Tudor.  Been holding out for a birth year gilt 5513, but this one sure is tempting me.  Interesting that the minute marks and TSWISST are gilt but the rest is print.  Certainly in excellent condition.  

http://www.hqmilton.com/watches/1966-tudor-submariner-7928-glossy-dial

M,

You are always looking for 1966 rollies/tudors. I ve dealt with Jacek before...he's a great guy. But isn't this Tudor overpriced?

@jmb that looks good.  You know I am nuts and always end up going overboard with gen parts on the builds to the point it becomes close to the cost of a genuine watch.  Kind of defeats the whole purpose and concept of doing a build and my OCD gets in the way of doing budget builds.  So of late the logical choice has been to just buy a gen watches...I do miss the process of the builds.  I will probably take on a 6542 build here in the near future if I can ever find a decent white dial.   

@StoneP agreed, I have dealt with him too, he is a great guy and I like to buy from him.  It is a little high but it is a very nice example in excellent condition with "original" parts.  At least parts that would have come on it originally.  The market on these has turned up of late, and even more so after the Black Bay Black release.  Tudor is pretty hot right now.  I know the answer, but sometimes just need to get it out there and hear what my brothers have to say.  

If it is going to make you happy Mark then go for it, what the hell you only live once. It is by far one of the best examples I have seen and you are buying from a great guy. I bought a Red Sub from him and a NCG Sub and several 5513s and they were all great. Can't really go wrong with Jacek.

The redone dial and hands on the "second" 7928... Anyone knows the origin? Looks amazing... Gen or not gen, isn't as important in my book...

100% MQ dial and possibly hands. I know this as I have been hunting for a gen gilt dial for my case for a year... can't find one. (will post the story and pic in a mo) As a result I looked at all the options for a rep one, this is def MQ and is approx 800 USD !!!