When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Found a beat-up 93153 bracelet. Is it gen?

yozers

Bad clasp codes, shouldn't be brushed on the sides of the bracelet (only was for early early TTs), shape of the links is wrong..

I could go on..

Trust me I know my stuff on TT subs ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct markings and correct connection type doesn't make a bracelet gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with mvb, genuine or not, the price is high for the condition. If it is genuine and I was buying it, I would peg it at $500/$600 and that is because gold and clasp parts are high right now. I bought a tutone 15053 OPD, complete watch with ratty 13 link ss/18k oyster bracelet and drowned 3035 mvt for $300 a while back. I figure $300 = gold value plus leftovers. 

The way I look at high priced watch parts is how hard would it be for me to sell it at the asking price.

The reason why rough parts bring a high price on the internet is because the 'net has a huge audience and many of them are walking sideways. Good deals in rolex parts are in the trenches, not on the internet. I bought a 13 link 19mm C&I rivet oyster a month ago at the local flea market for $20 but it is missing the clasp cap. Not bad though. Price one on VRF.   :pimp:

Guys, clasp code says Z series 93153 bracelet. Z series = '97 - '98. It's basically impossible to get SUCH a stretch on a bracelet in such time. 

Also the things I've pointed out above still apply. This one ain't gen. 

Compare it to other (way older) clasps. The sharpness of the Rolex wave on the clasp and the engravings is so off. I could post additional pics to clarifiy that if you guys wish. 

Also the ref code on the bracelet should be sharper. I've also seen way older and way more damaged bracelets that had sharper writing. 

Trust me.. ;)