When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Connected

swdivad

it looks fantastic in person! i was at the launch event and watched the interview with biver. Remarkable persona. It is also a great deal if you consider that you can trade it in for a mechanical tag (for an added 1.5k, but lots of tags retail for 3k)

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I'm REALLY liking it, despite the fact the reason I like watches is because of the mechanics, being an engineer... But this is great all around (except for the lack of a mechanical movement)... Titanium, large diameter, multiple watch faces/functions/colors.

Now, if it's waterproof, I'm getting one!

Edit: oops... just read splash-proof IP67 rating :-S

I'm REALLY liking it, despite the fact the reason I like watches is because of the mechanics, being an engineer... But this is great all around (except for the lack of a mechanical movement)... Titanium, large diameter, multiple watch faces/functions/colors.

Now, if it's waterproof, I'm getting one!

Edit: oops... just read splash-proof IP67 rating :-S

Table here for IP67 not that bad..................

http://www.howtogeek.com/209024/htg-explains-how-water-resistance-ratings-work-for-gadgets/

Edited by Mike on a bike

Looks okay, but how long before its out of date and almost worthless. That's the big problem with technology, it's obsolete within a few months. At least my Seamaster will become classic (well maybe), but these sure won't. What are the apps that you actually need in a watch anyway. Still, having said all that I do quite fancy one myself!

• Like 1

It's NOT made on China, that's [censored]. It says Swiss engineered because the electronics are obviously not made in Switzerland and the 'Swiss made' label is quite restrictive. The non electronic part are Swiss made and the watch is still assembled in Switzerland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is, 'immersion' means the watch was lowered (carefully) into water to 1m deep for 30 minutes.

The mere act of flopping your hands around in, swimming, and god forbid jumping into the water would almost definitely cause it to leak :-(

IP67 just ain't good enough for swimming and probably even not waterproof enough for having some good fun with the missus in a hot tub, but OK for showering and washing dishes.