When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real life replica watch shop..

Tobliteration

I'm in Bali with the fam at the moment , and have bought reps here in the past but only super duper crap ones from sellers on the streets and in the little shops. But now that I know a lot more than I used to about reps, and own a couple of beauts, I did a little looking to see if there might be somewhere to buy better quality ones whilst here.. Low and behold there is actually a chain of shops in Kuta called " Bagus Watch" and another called " Euro Watch" (actually both the same but with different names). There are 3 of these shops all very close together so of course I went to all of them.. More than once.

I wasn't expecting much from these shops but was pleasantly surprised both by quality and range.

They stock Rolex, Panari, Tag, Hublot, Omega, Patek etc.. My interest is in Rolex only so didn't look to hard at anything else.

I must have looked like a real nerd when I was there because every watch I picked up I took of its little pillow, pulled the crown out, checked the hands, date/Gmt functionality and put each watch up to my ear whilst I wound the movement.. Much to the frustration of the worker who would straighten and polish each watch I touched. Haha

I tried to take pics in the shops but in each was quickly stopped..

The average price for the watches I was looking at was $90-98 Australian dollars. I demonstrated great restraint and only bought 2 but we are now stuck in Bali because Mt.Rinjani has been actively disrupting flights for the last 2 weeks.. Hopefully we can leave soon because I have a nice 16710 Pepsi waiting for me from Connie at KingWatch.

Now some pics:

There are plenty of bad/wrong things about these watches but I was happy to be able to shop for reps in a real shop. The novelty alone was worth it.

efff42249dc29f934183e45f0517d1b4.jpg

774dedeaaba8c0c9e87167cf189dc1c8.jpg

85b3f69a8e4a026c9d41e8d5be46c1c6.jpg

870ce51d721a0d3084170a0004c46895.jpg

c2e08a9d55afb8b48c7afe6c7cf15212.jpg

00b12d4caea6f36bded5a36725ff5998.jpg

7e1f75a5166560d369c032c4157006a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bOgus watch....that brings a smile to my face. "Hey, honey.  I dropped $500 at bOgus watch today.  Look at these beaut's!"

Aside, poor Explorer II...she get's no respect selling at a slight discount to the Sub.  Even bOgus discriminates.... LOL!

Edited by mule play

^Yea I'm not sure how they decide on price.. The explorer ii is by far the better watch of the 2 in this case. The construction and accuracy is far more solid. Also the rotor in the sub is a little loud.. All in all not bad for under $200

Another thing about these watches is they both have the glide lock clasp which I've never had before.. Both work really really well. Great feature

Nice pieces for the money, these shops in Kuta can you walk through and then into a cafe/restaurant area on other side, if so I think I went in there a few years back, was weird to find them in amongst the normal shops :) think I expected them to be tucked away in some back alley !

Nice pieces for the money, these shops in Kuta can you walk through and then into a cafe/restaurant area on other side, if so I think I went in there a few years back, was weird to find them in amongst the normal shops  think I expected them to be tucked away in some back alley !

7423371191ca1a0a562e9b1b151c670d.jpg

Yep nothing too discreet about these shops..

If you find yourself back near these shops, tell them you are a member of the world's top replica watch collector forum (& feel free to refer them here). Then, ask if they will permit you to take pics of the store for the 40,000+ RWG members (who are all potential buyers). That may sway them to be a bit more favorable towards your pic request.

And good post!

If you find yourself back near these shops, tell them you are a member of the world's top replica watch collector forum (& feel free to refer them here). Then, ask if they will permit you to take pics of the store for the 40,000+ RWG members (who are all potential buyers). That may sway them to be a bit more favorable towards your pic request.

And good post!

That would have been a good idea! Next time. I'm back home in Sydney now but will surely go back in the near future. I'm going to open my watches tonight and have a look at what's inside.. Not expecting much.

Thanks