When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Phong 6263 Almost Complete, Need Help!

autlnd

I found a V72 on eBay, and got my local watchsmith to put it in a phong 6263 case along with phong dial/hands. However, he cannot get the stem to fit. The (phong) stem is either too long or the movement is sitting too high (or low) in the case so the stem cannot make it all the way in. Excited to get this complete after months....

Anyone have a suggestion on a watchsmith that can finish the job? I am waiting on a quote from Phong but I know his work is rather expensive. I'm located in Texas. Thanks in advance!

e07be7ed61b4f16df287abe7cf29ffee.jpg

5cb156134f45d3ce798f19ef4c8065d6.jpg97ffc2714373cfad1b3b52fdf141a4d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some V72 movements that have added complications (e.g. Calendar --> V72C) or some other aspects that make them unfit for a V72 phong/dw case. I don't know which movements specifically don't work, but maybe you can post the exact caliber number and/or the donor watch you used and someone here can help for sure!

thank you! I just sent to phong, I'm sure he will be able to figure it out. 

any comments on the build? I feel like the dial has too dark of a color, but it was the best I could find!

Nice built but i still Think that the First DW dial Old Batch were better...

If you are interested by Some pics of mine,..

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Is there a reason your watchmaker did not just cut the stem to proper length (for your case)? That is a very common task.

He tried cutting down two stems, still couldn't get this to fit. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to watchmaking but given phong's v72 expertise I'm sure he can figure this out.

Nice built but i still Think that the First DW dial Old Batch were better...

If you are interested by Some pics of mine,..

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

I agree! This dial has too dark of a tint to it. Daytona font is a bit off but I can live with that. I am trying to find an old DW for a v72 but they are hard to come by! A member is selling a Franken 6263 in the sales section with an extra silver dial I am trying to get but can't convince him to split it up for me!

I agree! This dial has too dark of a tint to it. Daytona font is a bit off but I can live with that. I am trying to find an old DW for a v72 but they are hard to come by! A member is selling a Franken 6263 in the sales section with an extra silver dial I am trying to get but can't convince him to split it up for me! emoji58.png

Just as an FYI, iIf it's Watchaddict you are talking to, he can't sell you the silver dial because he sold it to me.

• Like 1