When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick Smp Dial Picture

vric

triplehd got my vote :p It's a Gen ? Mine isn't as "deep" (but it's an old ETA version I have. +2 years)

I had no light today for picture.. it was just for fun.

Yep - it's a gen. :D Swapped out the rep for the gen along with the hands. Huge difference.

• 1 month later...
Mine's gen too--love to do a side by side w a rep, just waiting to get some Cannon batteries...

Someone in my office has the SMP gen and since I just got the rep in the mail, I did a side by side... The overall size looked different, weight, thickness, basically everything, but just a little... The biggest difference were the waves. I can barely see the waves on mine, and his were very noticeable. I wish I hadn't compared them because now I don't like my rep as much. My Tag link chrono looks just like the gen, but this one doesn't.

Waves?

192775-4493.jpg

192775-4494.jpg

..That looks perfect. My $375 (with oil and shipping) ETA SMP GMT dial does not look like that. It's flat with painted waves. No bevel, not at all raised. I'm pondering what to do with it. Junk it? It really bugs me.

But how do I know if the replacement I buy will not have the same problem? The dealer pictures don't show the dials off very well... From member pictures I think the 2005 Asian SMP will have the correct dial, and I also think the new SMP Chrono will have the right dial.

I'm sure my dealer will give me a break on the replacement. He's been very good to me, even though it's not his fault (he doesn't make them, does he?)

If I buy the cheap version can I have the movement replaced with my oiled ETA? (do you know if it will be an exact fit?)

I have absolutely no idea. Send me the movement and a return envelope and I'll have a look. :D

The bracelet is fine, but I replaced it with a leather strap.

Ok, I figured it all out... After reading so many posts and seeing the pictures, I think the SMP chono is going to be the only one that will make me happy since I'm such a freak for details (undiagnosed OCD I'm sure) because a) the wave pattern is correct and B) the dial has white, not silver borders around the markers.

Phew.

...But then again maybe a therapist (ha ha) will be cheaper... This will be my 4th rep in a couple weeks.

Ok, I figured it all out... After reading so many posts and seeing the pictures, I think the SMP chono is going to be the only one that will make me happy since I'm such a freak for details (undiagnosed OCD I'm sure) because a) the wave pattern is correct and B) the dial has white, not silver borders around the markers.

Phew.

...But then again maybe a therapist (ha ha) will be cheaper... This will be my 4th rep in a couple weeks.

You are not the only one! I recently purchased a gen SMP, and was not happy with how the dial on my rep SMP looked. I ended up ordering a new gen dial from Ofrei. Can't wait for it to get here!

Jim

I ended up ordering a new gen dial from Ofrei.

That's awesome! Here's the letter I sent to my dealer just now:

"Man I think I found a GREAT solution to my obsession, I mean problem.

I will but a GEN dial!!!!

can you please make sure this gen dial (Omega Dials Caliber 1120) will fit my GMT rep???: http://www.ofrei.com/page1105.html

I'll buy it right away and be very happy with the watch as long as I know it will fit. I'd hate to waste $150 because it doesn't fit the rep GMT"

He said:

" The genuine is using a 2892 equivalent calibre modify to be co axial driven.. The rep is 2824.. The dial feets must be different.."

So, I just ordered the chrono instead.

Win some, loose some.

AFAIK the dial feet on the ETA 2892 and 2824 are the same. Dial should fit no problem, can anyone verify this?

Me too think that the important thing is the diameter of the dial, the diameter of the center hole and the position of the date window. You can always cut the dial feet and attach the dial with hypo-cement (glue) or small double sided tape (dial pads)

I can confirm this that the dial feet for Co-Axial calibre 2500/ ETA 2824-2/1/ ETA2892-A2 are all the same. In the case of ETA7750 vs Asian 7750 (hi beat, low beat), the dial feet position is the same too.

So will genuine SMP/PO dial fits on the rep? Answer is YES it will. 2 examples below:

193123-4459.jpg

193123-4460.jpg