When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Link Automatic Chrono

Satori

So I've just been surfing and surfing and surfing the pages of this forum for a while now. And I think I'm ready to finally make my first purchase. The target rep: Tag Heuer Link Automatic Chrono. The only problem that I've been reading, is the date font being too far to the right.

What I wanted to know is, is there anyone here that DOES NOT have that problem when they made this purchase? And is this problem fixable, and if so, how?

Thanks a lot. :)

What I wanted to know is, is there anyone here that DOES NOT have that problem when they made this purchase? And is this problem fixable, and if so, how?

I can't answer the first question in the affirmative as my has slightly askew date numerals in the two-digit range. The problem though is not the date window but the print on the datewheel itself - confirmed by a respected watchmaker. It is easy and relatively inexpensive to fix by replacing it with a genuine ETA 7750 datewheel.

So I've just been surfing and surfing and surfing the pages of this forum for a while now. And I think I'm ready to finally make my first purchase. The target rep: Tag Heuer Link Automatic Chrono. The only problem that I've been reading, is the date font being too far to the right.

Not all the replicas are equal... mine has too to the right only two numbers (11 and 13) on 31...

is fixable ? the datewheel on new Asian 7750 are not interchangeable with Swiss 7750...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=11891&hl=

You sure?

I thought you can replace date wheel easily with a genuine 7750 Eta wheel.

Mark (Finepics) did it if i'm not mistaken. :)

Old Asian 7750 daydate wheel are interchangeable with Swiss 7750 daydate whell... :(

Yes ETA wheels will fit the asian 7750. They can be bought from O.Frei in the US or Cousins in the UK. The part number is "Valjoux 7750 - 2557/1 - Date Ring" and they cost only a few bucks. Always quote the movt as all date rings have the same part number irrespective of the movt. In fact the whole industry had a common numbering system for all their parts so all watch movts from Angelus, Cortebert and ETA etc all have the same part numbers.

I think Finepics said old Asian...

On the subject of tag chrono I wondered is the date font on Trusty's right?

It looks signifincantly different from what I would think the 25 should look like...

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=236

Dave...

That's the "brushed bezel" version which isn't as accurate as the "polished bezel" version. That's different rep... and it used to have the serious date font issue (Check my original TAG review).

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=9437

Ok, so as of this point in time, I'm getting the conclusion that perhaps not every has the same datewheel problem? But when I buy the watch, and I happen to get this problem, a simple datewheel change will fix it, correct? If so, where do I purchase this datewheel replacement? I've checked out ofrei.com and searched for the "Valjoux 7750 - 2557/1 - Date Ring" but I was unable to find it. Help on this one? :huh:

By the way... Does anybody know where to buy genuine hands for the TAGHeuer Link Chronograph?I have an ETA7750 with TAGHeuer rotor, which I would like to drop into a watch.

I read one post that Ofrei has subdials hands for Omega that seem to be the same as for the Links subdials, but what about the main hands?

Ofrei has the datewheels. From our good friend Finepics in another thread:

"Yes ETA wheels will fit the asian 7750. They can be bought from O.Frei in the US or Cousins in the UK. The part number is "Valjoux 7750 - 2557/1 - Date Ring" and they cost only a few bucks. Always quote the movt as all date rings have the same part number irrespective of the movt. In fact the whole industry had a common numbering system for all their parts so all watch movts from Angelus, Cortebert and ETA etc all have the same part numbers."

I have ordered these and had them installed perfectly by The Zigmeister. The real question is --- is the standard ETA 7750 font the correct one for the Tag?

Tag likes to use only the "8" in their advertizing. from the shape of that 8 - my guess is that it is indeed the standard 7750 ETA font. The one that comes with the Tag link Chrono (even the one with the closer but misaligned font) is wrong. I am not sure where that one came from.

I have bought over 6 watches from Josh and have gotten nothing but exceptional service from him. He is very polite to talk to and will take care of you if you encounter any problems with the watch upon receiving it.

I would have no hesitation ordering from him again and will continue to do so.

Happy new year everybody!

I bought the Link Chrono a couple of weeks ago. A beautiful piece of work! Don´t mind the date wheel issue that much. However, what strikes me more is that the rotor (new Asian 7750) makes an incredibly loud noise. I don´t know if this is common to all new 7750´s or that this is just a single incident. But to me this aweful sound feels like a big giveaway... People can hear me moving my wrist even when standing at the other side of the room.

Anyway, The Zigmeister told me he can change the Asian 7750 for a real 7750, but then the hands need to be changed as well. So in the end there´s a solution to the problem....

Cheers!