When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The "new" 007 Special (2006)

Fireman_Fred

I recently bought a rep of the Special Edition (2006) 007 from Paul at Wo-Mart. I have seen very little mention of it on RWG and I was just wondering what the general consensus of opinion was on this particular rep. My first impression is that the blue colour of the bezel looks a bit "dull" and the swirling (gun barrel) effect on the dial is shiny (the pics of the gen on the Omega website show it to be matt). The whole dial looks very "cluttered" and the "007" on the second hand is completely lost against the background of the dial.

Sorry I can't post a picture at the mo but I would be very grateful for any comments on the accuracy of this particular rep. I am assuming that the lack of info on the forum means that is is not a popular model ?? :g:

I guess the lack of response says it all !! ("Very ugly" is a bit harsh though !!) :wounded1:

I recently bought a rep of the Special Edition (2006) 007 from Paul at Wo-Mart. I have seen very little mention of it on RWG and I was just wondering what the general consensus of opinion was on this particular rep. My first impression is that the blue colour of the bezel looks a bit "dull" and the swirling (gun barrel) effect on the dial is shiny (the pics of the gen on the Omega website show it to be matt). The whole dial looks very "cluttered" and the "007" on the second hand is completely lost against the background of the dial.

Sorry I can't post a picture at the mo but I would be very grateful for any comments on the accuracy of this particular rep. I am assuming that the lack of info on the forum means that is is not a popular model ?? :g:

I have a pair of friends that each want one of the 007 editions. One wants the older model and the other wants the new one that is referenced in this thread. While I'm not crazy about either, I can stand the older one. The new one is just way to busy and ugly for me. The three of us argued about these watches for about a half hour. In the end one friend still wanted the old one and the other the new. So beauty is definetly in the eye of the beholder. As for me I tried to talk them into getting a seamaster or po, but they were both no go.