When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard Gran Turismo Xl Is Out!

thomasng

http://perfect-clones.com/1335-p-2365.html

Josh is officially first to have it!!!!!!!

But, the watch to me falls way below expectations. First, the datewheel colour is completely wrong.

Second, the buckle's lettering should not be coloured black!

Thirdly, the crown doesn't look very sharp and well finished.

And finally, it's using an Asian 21J movement!

Otherwise, date mag is qute good, and the dial looks promising too.

This piece will be a lot lighter on our wallets than if it used an Asian 7750, that's for sure.

http://perfect-clones.com/1335-p-2365.html

Josh is officially first to have it!!!!!!!

But, the watch to me falls way below expectations. First, the datewheel colour is completely wrong.

Second, the buckle's lettering should not be coloured black!

Thirdly, the crown doesn't look very sharp and well finished.

And finally, it's using an Asian 21J movement!

Otherwise, date mag is qute good, and the dial looks promising too.

This piece will be a lot lighter on our wallets than if it used an Asian 7750, that's for sure.

There is no price and no detail of the watch on Josh's website. So, I wouldn't say it is officially out.

Andrew and Angus had it on their site as an upcoming item for quite a while.

Josh site seems to be getting slower and slower, or is it me?

@djtimodj

There is only one PT and that is precioustime, puretime is also known as Angus. (just so nobody get`s confused)

I really was looking forward to the chopard but now i don`t know anymore

There is no price and no detail of the watch on Josh's website. So, I wouldn't say it is officially out.

CP10035 Gran Tourismo XL SS Black Asia 21J AR Coated $108.00

Model : SS Case, Black dial, Stick/Numeral Markers on Rubber strap with Insignia Deployant Clasp

Movement: Decorated Asian 21J Automatic Movement

Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date ( Set via Crown)

Dimensions : Diameter 44mm x 14mm Thk

Material : 1 piece forged case construction, solid 220 stainless steel

Back : Display case back with Detail Engraving on Case rims

Crown : One-piece screw down crown with o ring

Crystal: Synthetic Sapphire, AR coated

Water-resistant

This is typical - they're floating the cheaper version of the watch to test the market, then they will trot out the higher end one.

That's what they did with the AP Wempe.

From what I can tell the protoype shown was fitted with an asian 7750 without the chrono features (which is similar to the gen Chopard ETA Valgranges movt) so this must definitely be a lower grade model. Angus told me that the one we want is coming sometime later in the new year.

Here you can see tha new line of swiss eta movements...which in angus post of chopard are the same!good work!Yes it will be on market soon..... :)

175820-8482.jpg

175820-8483.jpg

175820-8484.jpg

I will be very surprised if the rep has the ETA Valgranges movt. I suspect that it will have an asian 7750 modded to look like the Valgranges. I doubt ETA will sell this movt on the open market.

I will be very surprised if the rep has the ETA Valgranges movt. I suspect that it will have an asian 7750 modded to look like the Valgranges. I doubt ETA will sell this movt on the open market.

....Yes yes i mean it will be a copy of the new ETA!You are corect!But we must wait and see how accurate it will be! :)

I went back and looked at the pics, and they did not compare....see for yourself. http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...showtopic=27066 , as you can see many diffrences..........Cheers, Wan

Does anyone think those pics from before were actually of a gen?..(the pics from the link to replica collector, of the 2nd generation Chopard Gran Turismo XL).......Wan

Gran Turismo is OUT ????

Well ... the way this it looks .... they better put it back IN. :thumbdown:

Can really tell for sure that this is the same watch that Angus has showed us ....since what we saw from PT was a prototype ...... but what now Andy and Jos have on their sites .... has still a long way to go and many things to correct.

If this comes out to be the same watch that Angus was taking about it ..... I am fully disappointed.

Ignoring the fact that is using a CHN 21J mov ... and we were expecting a 7750 or a copy of an ETA VALGRANGE (:g:) ....both models/dials have many faults.

- Both dials: Date color is wrong. Should be black in both dials.

- Both dials: Crown not quite there yet.

- Both dials: The hour markers not quite there yet.

- Both dials: Sec hand with red arrow should be a bit longer (Ok I am a bit picky ... this is not that bad)

- Black dial: Deep blue color rather than black. -_- Compare it to the strap and inner outline of the date wheel)

- Black Dial: Numbers printed on the inner bezel and all the text inside the dial are grey color rather than white.

- White dial: There is no black outline around the hour markers nor around the 12 and 6 indicators.

- White dial: Color hands (all three) is wrong. On the rep are silver on the gen are black.

So .... if that is the same watch that Angus was talking about . :( ... I will wait for the 20th release version to come out first.