When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Sub Hands

Mike_G

Looking for hands for my Explorer 1016 build. Im using a an eta 2824 movement so I'm thinking Tudor sub mercedes hands in silver with yellow lume. So far my searches have not turned up any. Any guidance?

Just a heads up if you have not mounted hands before...do not force hands on the hubs if they feel too tight or do not want to start on the hubs because many aftmkt hands do not fit on the first try and you may have to slightly resize them.  If they do not fit, look on the internet under 'resizing watch hands' or something similar to see how it is done. I usually make 'broaches' out of pins and needles and grind or file three or four flats on the end to make a tapered broach to remove a bit of metal from the hand holes. Second hands are the hardest to fit because of the tiny holes in the tubes and you need to be extra careful not to bend or break the sweep second post. I generally make a broach out of a small pin or needle for second hands too. When using a tapered broach, always bore the hands from the bottom side and try them on the hubs often...too big is worse than too small when it comes to watch hands.   :pimp:

Closing hand holes is another story and not as easy but usually the problem will be hand holes too small.