When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can someone help me identify/find these hands?

slay

My recent Vintage Heuer acquisition came with replacement hands and I need the large hour and minute hands below for my Heuer watch. Doesn't have to be NOS, I'll also settle for aftermarket hands if I have to, but I haven't been able to find that style of hands anywhere.

Any idea what are these hands called? I need them for a Heuer Valjoux 23/72

1d2b5036487245a6097d18506d567fed.jpg

Maybe these people could help you

http://www.watchrepairsusa.com/heuer/watch-repair

With two of these pre-Carrera Heuers 72s, I've always figured a redone dial and new hands on one and keeping the other all original would be the way to go.

P1000455.jpg

Thanks! My dial is supposed to be original and not refinished (can you tell?), so I wanted to find some original radium hands as well. I found omega hands on eBay that look spot on, NOS radium hands, I will try to broach their tubes to make them work with the Vj movement... But first I need to buy a hazmat so I don't breath in radium dust ;) the packaging of the hands already took their toll from the radiation.

I can't say if your dial is re-finished or not, but it does look very nice. I date these watches before 1963- late 50s, so for a dial to be in that good of a condition seems a little unusual. Here's another similar era watch that has a nice white dial but with no lume- I would figure it's a re-do. I do think my dial has been re-done- at least relumed. Also, bear in mind that radium changes color over time

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151995369669?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2016 at 11:03 AM, slay said:

My recent Vintage Heuer acquisition came with replacement hands and I need the large hour and minute hands below for my Heuer watch. Doesn't have to be NOS, I'll also settle for aftermarket hands if I have to, but I haven't been able to find that style of hands anywhere.

Any idea what are these hands called? I need them for a Heuer Valjoux 23/72

1d2b5036487245a6097d18506d567fed.jpg

I think that your hands are gen as mine as well ...

DSC02492.jpg