When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex submariner v6s

Mariom

Hi guys,

new to this forum and don't know much about reps.

I've ordered this watch, and I've just received the QC images. I'd like to just ask if this submariner looks ok and if it looks up to scratch? Thanks in advance.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Mariom

Thanks gents, I'll ask for another perhaps.... Date alignment is off-putting!

...doing some research, I have seen some decent v6s reps with decent date alignment out there. I ordered mine from Ryan at  Intime. The photo below is of another v6s supplied by intime to another customer....id be happy if the date looked as good this example. What do you think gents?

image.png

Not sure it's applicable here, but left justification has always been a problem with vintage Rolex builds if you use a gen dial or a gen spec aftermarket dial. The DW position is slightly different for gen movements and ETA movements, so a dial that uses a date window position that looks fine with and ETA movement will not be OK if you use a gen movement, or one of the 3135 clones that has the gen location DW. I had this problem with my 1680 when I put a gen dial in.

Not sure why this problem has cropped up with these V6's if previous versions were OK , unless they are using the same dial for both the 3135 clone and the a2836.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

the single digit date might look ok in the watch that went to Ryan's other customer, but his double digit dates might be off too, sometimes the dates are great 1-9, then go off base 10-31... 

This does happen!

• Like 1

So the the supplier has now sent new QC photos of a v6s with a 'better' date wheel alignment. They have sent me a photo with the date set to '2' (single digit). I've ask them to re-send me a photo with the date set to a double digit. Awaiting their response. The date on this one looks good. Thoughts guys? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You´ve been through a heap of qc-pics already so just get it, there will be another released before this Year is gone.

The 3135 is an unreliable  specialty movement, so just get this if You want to invest more and upgrade soon;

The dial on the 3135-version is inferior to the one on the reliable A2836, starting with the spacing 300m and the crown on the dial. What the V6s needed in the first place was a much better insert compared to previous versions - and it just isn´t.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

As you can see I'm no photographer. Overall it's decent for a rep. Still confused as to how they can get so many details to a good standard, yet mess up on the date wheel. The date wheel alignment is out and the font seems thicker compared to my brothers genuine Sub. Does anybody know where I could buy a Sub that overrides these flaws? Thanks again 

It looks good overall, specially endlinks, bracelet and crownguards.

The other Sub "that overrides these flaws" is the classic 16610 from TC in the V6 version.

At a later stage or if movement/stem problems develop on Your SA3135 You can always upgrade the datewheel overlay and have it well centered when going with a replacement TC 2824-2 or a Yuki-movement. Same goes for the crystal (replace with gen) and hands. 

• Like 1