When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Noob v6s Submariner LV Hulk question...

mule play

Team,

I ordered a new LV Hulk from Andrew at ttw8488.com and I would like your insight as to what to look for in the QC photos. Any known problems with this model?

Specifically, I ordered the top of the line model with the SA 3135 movement.

Drop a reply and let me know please.

• Like 1

Guest nikita75015

Andrew is not a good guy, he try to fool me on a two tone rolex, i paid for wrapped gold noob 588$, and on qc pics it was old 258$ plated gold model! He is not recommandable for me! Plus, sa3135 is pure [censored], your power reserve will be [censored] and your stem will break very easily and impossible to get an other ;)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

So you think Andrew is a dishonest dealer and the SA3135 is junk...? My experience with Andrew has been great over the years with thousands spent. Always been very knowledgeable and helpful getting replacement rep parts too. In fact, he sent me an extra Hublot once for a mistake made in shipping. Sorry to hear that you had trouble.

I never had a problem with Andrew since i am in the rep game :g:

The fact that the sa3135 is not a good option is real, better go for an asian eta !

1 hour ago, mule play said:

Team,

I ordered a new LV Hulk from Andrew at ttw8488.com and I would like your insight as to what to look for in the QC photos. Any known problems with this model?

Specifically, I ordered the top of the line model with the SA 3135 movement.

Drop a reply and let me know please.

So you bought a BP factory, or a Noob one ?

The SA3135 is not very reliable from what i read here and there...Can you change for an asian ETA ? :)

• Like 1

Yes, I think I can change the order. The QC photos have not arrived yet.

Yes, I think I can change the order. The QC photos have not arrived yet.

8 minutes ago, themannier said:

I never had a problem with Andrew since i am in the rep game :g:

The fact that the sa3135 is not a good option is real, better go for an asian eta !

So you bought a BP factory, or a Noob one ?

The SA3135 is not very reliable from what i read here and there...Can you change for an asian ETA ? :)

Yes, Noob factory.

OK !

So if you are not so interested to install a yuki 3135 or gen parts like dial later, change for an asian ETA, you won't regret it ! 

The V6s HULK from Noob is a great watch, but be careful when you check the QC, i know that sometimes you can have a v5 bracelet with the wrong end link (longer between the lugs !)

You will have to look at the bezel also and to check if the pearl is the last version, thinner than the old one if i remember well.

That's all i think :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hologramet said:

Be careful with the Hulk.

There is the first version with "correct" green bezel insert. Then the second with one that is bad. And now they're sending out about 50/50.

What is the tell on the differences?

My QC pictures came in and this is the most close up shot i have to decide. Thoughts please...keep or send back to inventory.

I have a few of my own already, but do not want to bias the knowledgeable gents in the room.

image.jpeg

On 26 May 2016 at 8:52 PM, hologramet said:

Be careful with the Hulk.

There is the first version with "correct" green bezel insert. Then the second with one that is bad. And now they're sending out about 50/50.

This, be careful, some TD's are passing off older over stock items as the newer V6S.

12 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

This, be careful, some TD's are passing off older over stock items as the newer V6S.

SSteel, what are the quick tells on the old stock?  Do you see any of these tells in my photo above?

I am still waiting for the detailed set of close up photos.

From what I have seen, there are two different bezel inserts being called V6S, the earlier one is the more correct green colour, her latter not so good, but not bad in all honesty.

10 hours ago, hologramet said:

There are several threads about this.

V5 bracelet

V5 bracelet with new clasp

V5 insert with V5 pearl

V5 insert with V6 pearl

This applies both to LN and LV

oh brother....

On 06/01/2016 at 10:42 PM, mule play said:

oh brother....

Yes...

Sometimes the biggest change vs V5 are the parts missing.

In short, most often TDs don't see the differences. So it ain't their fault, but they must put pressure on the factory.

I've written quite a lot about how to spot a V6s-bracelet from a frontal pic (alone) in a thread about a Smurf from intime.co

The bezel and pearl is tricky as it requires super close -ups and good photo with multiple angles + color references.

The dials etc dont matter in NY book as I see a professionally relumed BP-dial (approx 150 USD incl labor) as the "only" option next to genuine.

End of mini-rant. :-)

1 hour ago, hologramet said:

Yes...

Sometimes the biggest change vs V5 are the parts missing.

In short, most often TDs don't see the differences. So it ain't their fault, but they must put pressure on the factory.

I've written quite a lot about how to spot a V6s-bracelet from a frontal pic (alone) in a thread about a Smurf from intime.co

The bezel and pearl is tricky as it requires super close -ups and good photo with multiple angles + color references.

The dials etc dont matter in NY book as I see a professionally relumed BP-dial (approx 150 USD incl labor) as the "only" option next to genuine.

End of mini-rant. :-)

Thank you!

It's here...and looks great. The green bezel is exactly the same as 508's photo. I'm just so impressed. Period.

Andrew from Trusty (ttw8488.com) was most helpful in making sure it was a true v6s model. No mixed v5/v6 business...! He is fine TD in every way based on my experience.

Shipping was incredibly fast....3 days via dhl. Talk about service...!

Took the wrapping off, removed -2 links, gave it a light wash and put it to use. 

Enjoy the photos.

1465338073790.jpg

1465338117686.jpg

1465338209438.jpg

Looks great, and the 7th is centred in the date window, so its either a different watch from your QC or the dates become left justified when they get up to the double figures, best to check?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

Looks great, and the 7th is centred in the date window, so its either a different watch from your QC or the dates become left justified when they get up to the double figures, best to check?

Great catch, SSTEEL...I rejected the earlier QC and approved a new, 2nd model. In short, I received a new piece from the stock. All dates look good in the window. The double digits, of course, take up a bit more room in the cyclops!

You know, I may order a second one for reserve since these are so damn good!

Here is a morning shot.

image.jpg