When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Ingenieur

uziuzi

It is such a beautiful watch...ok I gotta admitt I just recently fell for it but now I am about to pull the trigga...

On the other hand I am thinking about the tiny flaws that would be so easy to correct and I am wondering whether these corrections will be made...

How do you guys think are the chances they will release an ultimate version with the correct date font, some decent AR and longer hands (I would even be satisfied with the first two corrections) ? Isnt it likely, I mean most models that are as popular as the Ingy were released in an "perfect" or "ultimate" version (even though they were far from deserving these names IMHO) .

This is a watch that almost deserves the 1:1 chategorisation in my view. No chrono movement issue, everything is there the factory would need to make it

indistinguishable from the gen (without opening the caseback and disregarding lume) !

Need Ingy fans honest opinions.... :mellow:

It is such a beautiful watch...ok I gotta admitt I just recently fell for it but now I am about to pull the trigga...

On the other hand I am thinking about the tiny flaws that would be so easy to correct and I am wondering whether these corrections will be made...

How do you guys think are the chances they will release an ultimate version with the correct date font, some decent AR and longer hands (I would even be satisfied with the first two corrections) ? Isnt it likely, I mean most models that are as popular as the Ingy were released in an "perfect" or "ultimate" version (even though they were far from deserving these names IMHO) .

This is a watch that almost deserves the 1:1 chategorisation in my view. No chrono movement issue, everything is there the factory would need to make it

indistinguishable from the gen (without opening the caseback and disregarding lume) !

Need Ingy fans honest opinions.... :mellow:

I reckon the Ingy is a pretty good rep at the moment but if they were going to improve on it my list would include:

1) The circular pattern on the deployment buckle is incorrect - this is a pattern on gen Pilot watches and not a gen Ingy

2) The date font

3) Titanium case for AMG

4) Cracking dial

5) Length of the hands (not a big issue for me though)

6) AR coating

Why?

Because IWC is not that "hot" as other brands, like the Omega or Rolex, where you could see many versions. Also the Ingy is not a sport watch (do not understand my bad, I am a IWC fan, and I have the Ingy), so less people will buy it. Most of the people that already have the Ingy, are happy enough with the actual version and not buy the new. The Rolex fans are more critical with their watches, may be because the rolex reps are not so good than the IWCs.

Other good point is that the watch makers are not interested in small things like the AR coating or the lenght of the hands. They just make a "perfect" version, if there is enough market. And, most times, they make other things worst. And, about the date font: most of the reps are incorrect about this. So is clear that the rep makers do not give a dim for it.

All this problems: Ar and date font, can be solved by modding the rep. It is more difficult (or may be imposible) to source them.

May be I am wrong, but I really do not think they are gone to make a "perfect" rep. I personally a fan of IWC, would not buy a more accurate Ingy. I was in meetings with people that own IWCs, they so my watch, I give it to them, and they so nothing. So I am really happy (here in Stuttgart, IWC is a well know brand). I so it in Wempe and I know the tema font, but the hands lengh and the AR for me are not important.

I must say (with respect), that a lot of people do not know a lot what they are buying, and I think they will found failures in gens. Typical "There is not AR coating in both sides...., and that is a must for me...." bla, bla, bla. You are not buying a gen, you are buying a Rep. To most of this people: i would like to see them when they work. I do not think they are so perfectionist. And If you what this grade of perfection, you would not buy a rep. In a watch, the most importand thing is the movement. And a gen IWC Ingy, has a extraordinary movement, ETA, but modified by IWC, with extra parts to achieve more accuracy. We have a basis ETA.

So, I would say: enjoy what you have, for the money that you pay. You would be happy. And, If you are happy with the AR, and the font, do modding. But you would NEVER have a IWC Ingy. You need the movement.

My 2 cents! ;)

Why?

Because IWC is not that "hot" as other brands, like the Omega or Rolex, where you could see many versions. Also the Ingy is not a sport watch (do not understand my bad, I am a IWC fan, and I have the Ingy), so less people will buy it. Most of the people that already have the Ingy, are happy enough with the actual version and not buy the new. The Rolex fans are more critical with their watches, may be because the rolex reps are not so good than the IWCs.

Other good point is that the watch makers are not interested in small things like the AR coating or the lenght of the hands. They just make a "perfect" version, if there is enough market. And, most times, they make other things worst. And, about the date font: most of the reps are incorrect about this. So is clear that the rep makers do not give a dim for it.

All this problems: Ar and date font, can be solved by modding the rep. It is more difficult (or may be imposible) to source them.

May be I am wrong, but I really do not think they are gone to make a "perfect" rep. I personally a fan of IWC, would not buy a more accurate Ingy. I was in meetings with people that own IWCs, they so my watch, I give it to them, and they so nothing. So I am really happy (here in Stuttgart, IWC is a well know brand). I so it in Wempe and I know the tema font, but the hands lengh and the AR for me are not important.

I must say (with respect), that a lot of people do not know a lot what they are buying, and I think they will found failures in gens. Typical "There is not AR coating in both sides...., and that is a must for me...." bla, bla, bla. You are not buying a gen, you are buying a Rep. To most of this people: i would like to see them when they work. I do not think they are so perfectionist. And If you what this grade of perfection, you would not buy a rep. In a watch, the most importand thing is the movement. And a gen IWC Ingy, has a extraordinary movement, ETA, but modified by IWC, with extra parts to achieve more accuracy. We have a basis ETA.

So, I would say: enjoy what you have, for the money that you pay. You would be happy. And, If you are happy with the AR, and the font, do modding. But you would NEVER have a IWC Ingy. You need the movement.

My 2 cents! ;)

I would also like to add that because IWC is not as well known or popular as Omega/Rolex then there are less people who would actually be able to tell the difference if they saw it on your wrist:) So im happy with my ingy

but still - the current rep Big Pilot needs fixing!!!

The only mod I would do to the Ingenieur is the date font. Hand length??? Please. AR? Mine looks better than my gen SMP.

The IWC BP is a watch that has such limited appeal. 47mm with a crown that only a mother could love. You have to have an 8 inch wrist to wear this watch and have it look reasonable.

I had the gen BP on my hands recently and i love it. I dont even think you need a very big wrist bc it is not a big chunky watch but has elegance of its own.

But it will definitely not be coming...bc of the movement and the too far out date wheel.

I am fully aware of the fact that there are many many models out there that have not been paid any attention to, but most of them are not possible to rep reliably bc of the movement. That is the reason why I say, lets concentrate on the easier models (non-chrono) and force dealers to perfectionize. Just my 2 cents but the BP will definitely not be coming. I am pretty sure.

I really like the Ingenieur, but am also waiting for them to fix at least the hands and date font..

The short hands just scream "replica".. On most "precision-watches" like the Inge, the tip of the minutes hand is perfectly aligned with the minutes track.

There is also the pearlage on the inside of the clasp, which I understand is incorrect for the Inge. But, that does not bother me.

If the "ultimate Inge" is never coming out.. there are always other watches to spend money on. :)

You have an exellent attitude toward buying replicas chrgod :thumbsupsmileyanim: if everyone was like you then replicas would improve faster

g. :)(btw I'll probably get the Inge anyways....)

i don't even like dressy/sporty watches and i love my ingy :D

if you wait for another version you may just end up waiting till they're gone (closed factory SMP, breitling avenger seawolf ti and ss, etc).

i've told this story before but i very accidentally wore my ingy into an ad. last time i was there they did not sell iwc. this time i walked in wearing the ingy to discover that they now do. they are excited about the new brand and both salesmen came over to look at mine and go 'ooh aah' as they did not have a full size in stock.

no ar? too short hands? date font?

show me someone who can call an incorrect date font on someone else's wrist, moving, and i'll believe it

the ingy we have is the ultimate :D

i don't now of a single watch (besides rolex?) where the rep factories have changed a date font to make it more accurate? if a rep will pass to over 99.99% of the public the factories seem to think that's acceptable...

only things this watch needs is abetter weld on the bracelet, good lume, and for the dial chipping issue to be eliminated. It has already been established in previous threads that the hand length and date font vary even among genuines. The only other thing I have heard is that it has an incorrect case back.

only things this watch needs is abetter weld on the bracelet, good lume, and for the dial chipping issue to be eliminated. It has already been established in previous threads that the hand length and date font vary even among genuines. The only other thing I have heard is that it has an incorrect case back.

Titanium for the AMG version would be very nice too

Titanium for the AMG may be that will come, but not sure: it is a especial version so It is more difficult to sell.

I can understand people that what the perfection in their watches, but not for 200€ and coming from china. But OK. It is your decition.

I read a very interesting post from BY-Tor (like all he writes), about "perfect versions", and the racing for new improvements. And he said, that all most "better versions" ended changing something that it worked well.

I think that we have the better posible version of the Ingy that will be produced in the rep world. And, that they will stop to produce it very soon. And I do not think they will make it another time.

@repaustria

You are absolutely right! the older model has the shorter hands, but

were did you find the genuine datafont and at what cost?

regards

Huub

You guys are getting crazy...

Go look around - the gen Inge actually existed with the short hands. I have my datefont adjsuted to genuine, so mine is perfect - no one knows about the AR.

Edited by hupholland

Go look around - the gen Inge actually existed with the short hands. I have my datefont adjsuted to genuine, so mine is perfect - no one knows about the AR.

Oliver, you're absolutely right !

Most people have not in mind that there are heavy variations in the genuines sometimes !

For example Rollies: I have seen personally and in watch-catalogues too many which have slightly different fonts, font-spacing on the dials and even cyclopses which differ from 1x to 2,5x magnification...

Just a little detail to add: the catalogues which I am speaking of are the japanese Rollie collectors books - so no AD-Catalogue where pictures are altered/photoshopped...

Don't get me wrong please - I like a 2,5X cyclops too, beautyfully filled with the date, but for example the rehaut is more important to look at because this detail differs not !

Are you using Lelo's datewheel or where did you get yours ?? Please tell us.....

BTW, to make it perfect you can send it in for AR, I saw someone organising a group AR-thing :thumbsupsmileyanim: