When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Datewheel For A 3135 Movement As A Dateoverlay

Tribal

Yep, they work great, they're just not cheap at $30-40 each. Even that guy down in Sugar Land, TX is proud of his. Outlet whatever he calls himself. And ofrei and julesborel have em too as I recall. Luckily for my older Datejust, a Luenfat overlay from Hong Kong with open 6's and 9's works well and for under $15. But somone was having trouble getting stuff from Luenfat, was that you, Tribal?

I keep wondering if the Chinese will ever make an ETA/Rolex datewheel. Pop out the stock ETA datewheel and pop in the Rolex datewheel that lines up w/ the window on the dial like for a 3135 movt. Probably wishful thinking.

Be careful with aftermarkets. Many have the wrong style fonts... Too big, too small, too thin, too bold. They vary a lot. If buying online, make sure the one you are looking at purchasing is what the seller actually ships.

Unfortunately, an accurate rolex rep will always require an overlay; i.e. making a replacement wheel for an ETA just won't suffice. Why? Because of the actual placement and positioning of the fonts. If you were to install an ETA with, say a genuine dial (or TW Best, Noobmariner or any other rep dial with correct placement of datewindow) and left the overlay off, all you'd see is the ratcheting teeth and half of the ETA wheel. The overlay corrects this, and hopefully addresses the fonts as well (but as we all know not to be the case).

@ Ubi my friend,

thats right,but there a some good generic ones outthere on the bay...

it makes only sense,when you have a good case with deep rehaut and correct magnification of the crystal...

Maybe Ubi can made some nice Datewheels for Modern Rolexes in the future :whistling: :whistling:

@ Ubi my friend,

thats right,but there a some good generic ones outthere on the bay...

it makes only sense,when you have a good case with deep rehaut and correct magnification of the crystal...

Maybe Ubi can made some nice Datewheels for Modern Rolexes in the future :whistling: :whistling:

I used the Noobmariner overlay for mine... Have you seen it? I am not sure much it could be improved.

Luckily for my older Datejust, a Luenfat overlay from Hong Kong with open 6's and 9's works well and for under $15. But somone was having trouble getting stuff from Luenfat, was that you, Tribal?

It was me, but I've just received all the datewheels I ordered from him (4 directly by mail and 1 from his web site). Just waiting from another one won on eBay. The problem is that he's not very communicative. Place the order and wait (does it sound to you?) :rolleyes:

These are overlays for ETA with rolex fonts. The font in the modern style is quite similar to the one in my MBW 16610 but not so bold. Now I can continue with my two franken projects... Nevertheless, if a gen 3135 datewheel can be adjusted to be glued to an eta one, then it would be the perfect solution having a good rehout.

It was me, but I've just received all the datewheels I ordered from him (4 directly by mail and 1 from his web site). Just waiting from another one won on eBay. The problem is that he's not very communicative. Place the order and wait (does it sound to you?) :rolleyes:

These are overlays for ETA with rolex fonts. The font in the modern style is quite similar to the one in my MBW 16610 but not so bold. Now I can continue with my two franken projects... Nevertheless, if a gen 3135 datewheel can be adjusted to be glued to an eta one, then it would be the perfect solution having a good rehout.

watch out for luenfat, ordered datewheel w/ open 6's & 9's (like sellers pic), got closed 6, 9s. Was a nice guy and didn't complain, ordered again and specified OPEN.. got closed <_<

I ordered the open 6/9 wheels from his web sight (cubic-works) and received NOTHING.

His communication is [censored] and that is putting it nicely.

When I did finally get a reply he asked me for a part number, I gave it to him, THE ONE DIRECTLY OFF HIS WEB PAGE, and he says it was not his part number.

So, I gave him every number I had the paypal #'s, his web sight #'s, every single number I had, I sent to him.

He says, this not my part number. :bangin:

It's not like I was a pest, hell I waited over a month to ask him why I had not received the item thinking maybe there was a problem.

Yea, there was a problem alight..............he took my money and sends me on a goose chase to recover it.

Obviously he needed that $20 more than I do, so he can f'n have it.

I have wasted my time with him and that is more important to me than the money.

I do not recommend this seller at all.

Deal with Luenfat and expect the worst: Wrong items shipped, items never shipped after months. This eBay seller can be very difficult. Buyers are better off finding another supplier. Just my experiences dealing with Luenfat.

Yep, they work great, they're just not cheap at $30-40 each. Even that guy down in Sugar Land, TX is proud of his. Outlet whatever he calls himself. And ofrei and julesborel have em too as I recall. Luckily for my older Datejust, a Luenfat overlay from Hong Kong with open 6's and 9's works well and for under $15. But somone was having trouble getting stuff from Luenfat, was that you, Tribal?

I keep wondering if the Chinese will ever make an ETA/Rolex datewheel. Pop out the stock ETA datewheel and pop in the Rolex datewheel that lines up w/ the window on the dial like for a 3135 movt. Probably wishful thinking.

Has anybody realised that a gen Datewheel work fine as a overlay for a Eta movement?

It works fine...

Really??? I don't see how.....

Gen Rolex datewheels have numerals which ascend chronologically in a clockwise direction (rotating anti-clockwise). In contrast, ETA wheels ascend in anti-clockwise direction (rotating clockwise).

Hence why I can't just jerry-rig my genuine silver flat top 3s 1570 datewheel onto my 1665 ;)

Really??? I don't see how.....

Gen Rolex datewheels have numerals which ascend chronologically in a clockwise direction (rotating anti-clockwise). In contrast, ETA wheels ascend in anti-clockwise direction (rotating clockwise).

Hence why I can't just jerry-rig my genuine silver flat top 3s 1570 datewheel onto my 1665 ;)

Datewheels for Rolex caliber 3135 have numeral direction in the same direction than ETA's ones. Opposite direction for 3035 and older movements.

Datewheels for Rolex caliber 3135 have numeral direction in the same direction than ETA's ones. Opposite direction for 3035 and older movements.

This is good information to know. I will try this soon on a project watch that I will be putting together.

One question......Will the added thickness of the gen 3135 datewheel create any difficulties such as raising the dial high enough to affect hour hand placement?