When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Think Our Dealers Are Filthy Rich!

Rolexman

If they make millions, they deserve every penny. It's a full time job for them. Even if they sell 5 per day, and make $15000 per month (before loses, fees etc), that is not factoring in all of the money they lose on shipping, lost watches, damaged watches, broken watches, malfunctioning watches, web hosting, extra bandwidth, fees to sell on this board, fees to sell in other places etc. If they sell 5 high end replicas per day, they probably incur at least $1800 per month in per-transaction bank fees, exchange rate fees etc.

Then there are the customers, who, as mentioned above are often quick to file paypal or credit card dispute if the watches don't show up within 4 days, or tracking numbers don't show up within 24 hours, or emails aren't answered within two hours, or they find a minor cosmetic flaw, or they break the watch and no longer want to pay for it, or the watch doesn't meet their subjective idea of what a replica watch should be. All it takes is one pissing and moaning customer to complain to paypal using the word 'replica' and our dealers can lose their accounts for life, and thus lose profits and have to spend more money thinking of new ways to get around the system, which tightens up and cracks down more and more each day. The perceived 'risk' is not the dealers going to jail, because lets face it, they aren't going to fly to China or whereever to bother one guy who is selling things on the internet. The 'risk' is the dealers losing their ability to sell their product (web hosting, accepting payments etc), and thus losing their incomes.

$1million per year is not enough.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paneraifreak

I smell a thread that started by someone who is just plain jalous....

but think about this...

what the hell are we complaining about?

Are we not the ones stupid?/

Or how's this:

What is more stupid:

us buying these cheap fakes so we can prounce around with them?

OR

us writing this thread about how stupid we are to be making these rep dealers filthy rich??

No matter how you put it, we are the fools who bite every time a dealer dangles a nice new shiny fake....

My thoughts are that this is exactly the type of post that serves no purpose......other than to inflame or provide info ro anyone who has an agend regarding closing down the board and dealers.!

Any figures quoted here about what dealers make is purely speculative......and shouldn't be discussed on this board......Admin......PLEASE delete this whole topic....it's of no use to anyone.!

Edited by TTK

My thoughts are that this is exactly the type of post that serves no purpose......other than to inflame or provide info ro anyone who has an agend regarding closing down the board and dealers.!

Any figures quoted here about what dealers make is purely speculative......and shouldn't be discussed on this board......Admin......PLEASE delete this whole topic....it's of no use to anyone.!

Full agree...must be deleted

or provide info ro anyone who has an agend regarding closing down the board and dealers.!

Well... my kindergarten math can be done by eveybody... it's no rocket science so I don't think it's fair to blame this post (and indirect me) for the recent events. So what if it's speculation? Which posts on this board can be backed up with hard evidence ... not a lot....we are not at the university you know!

Edited by Rolexman

No matter how you put it, we are the fools who bite every time a dealer dangles a nice new shiny fake....

As Dutchy said, Speak for yourself. I didn't see too many people rushing to buy that latest version of the Omega 21531.80, infact, the majority of people who commented, thought it was utter junk. There are way more accurate Planet Ocean reps available than mine, but I haven't ordered one for two reasons: a) They were both gifts, so both have sentimental value that outweighs any inaccuracy, and B) I prefer the inaccurate details over the gen/Top End reps. People had problems with the Omega Logo being offset on their dials... Not a problem with mine, as they're printed on. Okay, so I had a problem with my crown stripping, but so did people who bought the UPO, so where's the benefit of having the UPO? Perhaps there are other people who feel the same, and are happy with what they have already. A new rep available does not necessarily always mean people will fall over themselves to actually buy them.

PS The B) should be a b ) marker...