When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Carrera Chronograph Tachy Racing - Just Arrived

z3k0

Well, it's my first rep so I was very excited. Ordered it from Andrew, arrived after 7 days, nicely packed, no problem with customs. And I must say it's a real beauty, everything looks perfect - at least for me, complete noob.

EXCEPT (unfortunately) - date font, it seems somehow it got wrong datewheel - although pictures indicate correct font. There are also some reviews of watches from other dealers that show correct font. :wounded1: So this was real disappointment, not because it's incorrect - I don't really care - but because it looks really ugly on this watch. I'm including some pictures of this nice watch.

181356-7196.jpg

181356-7197.jpg

181356-7198.jpg

181356-7199.jpg

181356-7200.jpg

regards

That's the same horrendous font that was used in the "brushed bezel" Link Chronograph. I'm not too anal... but that simply ruins the otherwise nice watch. There's no excuses, that datefont is simply terrible.

If the sales pictures had different font that's what you should receive (imho). This is not a cheap rep.

That's the same horrendous font that was used in the "brushed bezel" Link Chronograph. I'm not too anal... but that simply ruins the otherwise nice watch. There's no excuses, that datefont is simply terrible.

Good memory, that link was a beauty except for date font and some more flaws (wrong pushers and too thick bezel). :p

If the sales pictures had different font that's what you should receive (imho). This is not a cheap rep.

Agreed. That date font is unacceptable.

You have two chance if you can't live with it:

- replacing the date wheel by yourself (if i'm not mistaken you can use a ETA 7750 date wheel)

- sending back the watch

BTW, watch is a keeper. :)

Edited by ryaku

Date font is the same that advertised in Trusty's site... Pure Time and Kign's have a much more better font.

Ahh... then there's no reason to complain, imho.

But the buyer said this:

"it got wrong datewheel - although pictures indicate correct font"

Wonder what pictures he means...

Ahh... then there's no reason to complain, imho.

But the buyer said this:

"it got wrong datewheel - although pictures indicate correct font"

Wonder what pictures he means...

Sorry but I was too fast... my memory is worse day by day... trusty's site displays the "correct" date font (close to ETA ones), so if you've got this watch from Andrew the current font in his pics is not the one you've got. Ask for s replacement. You deserve it.

Sorry but I was too fast... my memory is worse day by day... trusty's site displays the "correct" date font (close to ETA ones), so if you've got this watch from Andrew the current font in his pics is not the one you've got. Ask for s replacement. You deserve it.

You take care of GB, i take care of watch details. :D

This is the kind of stuff that always scares me.

Well, it's my first rep so I was very excited. Ordered it from Andrew, arrived after 7 days, nicely packed, no problem with customs. And I must say it's a real beauty, everything looks perfect - at least for me, complete noob.

EXCEPT (unfortunately) - date font, it seems somehow it got wrong datewheel - although pictures indicate correct font. There are also some reviews of watches from other dealers that show correct font. :wounded1: So this was real disappointment, not because it's incorrect - I don't really care - but because it looks really ugly on this watch. I'm including some pictures of this nice watch.

Look at this number 8 - it's sooo wrong, it screams fake ...

181429-7184.jpg

181429-7185.jpg

181429-7186.jpg

181429-7187.jpg

181429-7188.jpg

bye,

Ivan

King already shipped watches with the correct date font hence i'm fully confident ALL GB will get the right watch. :)

I'm also sure Andrew will take care of his customers with great care so nothing to worry about for rwg members.

Edited by ryaku

Kudos to Andrew. He's always takin' care of the biz. :)

Why they put that horrible date font in the beautiful watch like this and completely RUIN them in the first place? Small children should not see that font as it's so freakin' horrible. :lol:

Thanks guys for good advice on this topic, this is really great community :thumbsupsmileyanim: I'm still in doubt what to do - get myself new date dial, or send the watch back to Andrew. I'm sorry to say, but Andrews answer to my e-mails was not exactly in line with his post on forum, but I'm not giving up, and I hope this will be resolved. I was very satisfied with him until this point, and would be really disappointed if this thing ruins everything :wounded1:

BTW, any of you guys know where can I get correct date-dial for this watch, just in case ...

bye,

Ivan

Thanks guys for good advice on this topic, this is really great community :thumbsupsmileyanim: I'm still in doubt what to do - get myself new date dial, or send the watch back to Andrew. I'm sorry to say, but Andrews answer to my e-mails was not exactly in line with his post on forum, but I'm not giving up, and I hope this will be resolved. I was very satisfied with Trusty Time until this point, and would be really disappointed if this thing ruins everything :wounded1:

BTW, any of you guys know where can I get correct date-dial for this watch, just in case ...

bye,

Ivan

Andrew should send you one if you don't send the watch back